DEARDEN WALKS INTO THE TAVERN
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*looking down at his amulet and frowning just a bit*

"Whoa. Wait. What? Lost Clan?"
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Walks in carrying a large bundle and approaches Sylas.*

You're umm...delivery as promised.

*Looks around at everyone*

Should I even ask what is going on?
Amadi
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Amadi »

"That depends. If you know anything about this bell business, then you may want to have a seat... and a drink, of course." The bald man nods in greeting, then gestures to himself. "Amadi. Pleasure to meet you."
Amadi
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn thinks for a minute*

Bell....like bell if any significance? Only one I know about or have even heard the slightest about is a dwarven one.

*She looks at the individual behind the counter and then studies him closely.*

Kimberlyn Darksbane....nice to meet you.
Amadi
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Amadi »

Amadi gives a slight shrug. "Sounds about right to me. What do you know about this bell?" He pauses a moment, then smiles to Kimberlyn.
Amadi
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn shrugs*

Only bell I know of with some importance was dwarven *looks over at Kathryn* and I believe Blackthorn has something to do with it.

From there, my memory is a little foggy. Long story but that's about what all I can tell you.

*Looks back over to Kathryn*

Did something happen to Blackthorn or that bell?
Amadi
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Amadi »

Amadi nods in appreciation for the details given by Kimberlyn. In return, Amadi places a drink on the counter for Kimberlyn and tosses a few of his own coin in the till to cover the cost.
Amadi
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*looks at Kimberlyn with a smirk and signals twords the two Dwarves*

"I dont know, you think it might have something to do with the Dwarves?, and last I heard Galen was still holding a piece of the Bell as well."

*speaking to the Dwarves directly*

"So am I clear in my understanding that you two are not from the Homelands? Im very lost here. Do the other Dwarves know youve returned?"
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Sylas*

Do you need for me to check those two out?
Klogg
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Klogg »

Pal'nok stands up and greets Chronixxx warmly when he enters. "My armor could use a bit of repair. I'm not the best smith myself, and I've had no forge to work at. We do not have so many smiths in our clan."

Grogomir turns to Sylas. "And no, we are not from the Homeland. We are from a far off place, which many here will visit soon enough if they come to aid us. We are the Lorecrafter clan, and are of a slightly different nature than most of our brethren." Grogomir raises his mug of ale. "Of course, we all share the same love of battle, brews, and beards!"

Dearden waves to Chronixxx, and speaks. "My good dwarf! I know much of many things, and I am always willing to trade knowledge instead of coins. It is my specialty. And as far as surprises...I'm sure there will be plenty on our adventure. I have been checking the stars and throwing my stones, and they all portend great danger." Dearden grins. "But they also tell of great treasures hidden in ancient dwarven halls...perhaps we will come across some." Dearden glances around at everyone present. "I'm excited to see so many eager adventurers. If what I expect holds true, it will take every one of us at our best to see this journey through to the end. Come prepared with sharp weapons and tempered wills."
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*speaking to Kimberlyn but not looking at her, a mixed look of awe and bewilderment on his face*
"..absolutely not."

*speaking to Cronixxx next, though just as muddled*
"..there is a forge out back.. your welcome to it if you need it."

*awe still present in his voice his eyes never having left the two Dwarves*
".. if they come to aid you? Are you expecting help from the Homelands?.. er.. 'these' Homelands.. "

*still obviously confused, but reacting automatically at the mention of 'brew' he steps past Amadi behind the bar and pours two more mugs from the fresh barrel of Dwarven and downs them in rapid succession. without thinking he refills them and serves them to the visiting Dwarves*

*obviously still puzzled*

"Somebody help me out here.."
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

"I feel for you, Sylas. I've had a hard enough time just getting the basics of what they're talking about, let alone 'bell' and 'lost clan' and whatnot. All sounds terribly important, though. Guess I'll just cut up what they tell me to. That tends to make life easier. Mind passing me a mug of ale, by the way."
Cudar drops a few coin on the bar.
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Looks at Sylas*

You are no fun, eventually it will need to be done, but no matter for now.

*Takes a drink*

I don't recall me signing up for anything.
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*as all has been conducted a number of dwaves outside the tavern are setting down packs and checking their armor. They are no more than a dozen. One member of their group sets down his things with his companions outside and walks into the inn near his brethren. He is fitted in well worn, but well built armor, it bears a strange insignia on the right shoulder. age wise he is near his prime and he has a most impressive beard. He drinks heavily from a mug from the bar and speaks in a voice that carrys no small degree of leadership.*

"Well met all of this small village. Your ale is most pleasing."

*He looks around the room, taking note of any wearing any wearing an amulet similar to Sylas's. He harrumphes!*

*well I'll be, well met dwarf friend"

*shakes sylas's hand, than looks to Chronixxx*

"And well met brother from beyond the wall. It is an honor to heed your call."

*at this the dwarf bows rigidly at the waist, than stands.*

"I am Krin Lorecrafter Tro'Kal. I think we have forgotten that some things known to us are not common knowledge beyond the great wall. We heed the call of the great bell of legend. In days lost, days without honor, our people were banished from the homelands for acts of dishonor none could foresee atonement for. Since those days we have been away from our people far across the unending desert, in a land we claimed for our own. All of our people know the story to some degree, but what we all know is that when the bell rings it is the sign that our redemption is at hand. I am amazed you people are taken aback that such a thing has rung... even the beasts of our land seemed to feel its call.. surly some great deed stands to be done??? For the homelands to call us home... we know not what great act we could be called forth for. But that is why some of us intend to lead the vanguard ahead to the homelands, so that we may know what we have been called for. We are many, but much lies along our path we were not prepared for. Now that we have found help here... we should be better but a good number of us gathered here now will need to continue along to the homelands and it is a long journey. Many of us have trained our whole lives for these coming days... nay, we have trained for generations, in hopes that when called we would be ready for the task given to us.. so we can cast off the dishonor of the past and once again find ourselves in the halls of the great Draconis."
Amadi
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Amadi »

"I can bring tempered wills, if someone can bring the sharp weapons." Amadi smiles at Dearden and laughs. "Perhaps I can aid with the research efforts." Amadi nods and scrawls a quick note to himself.

Seeing that Sylas is working out the details with the Dwarves still, Amadi fulfills Cudar's order.
Amadi