DEARDEN WALKS INTO THE TAVERN
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Her dwarven-friendship amulet gleaming at her throat, Kathryn steps forward again*

It is an honor to help my friends, the dwarves, once again. You can count on the sharpness of my sword, if not a tempered will!
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

*Krin looks almost ashamed for a moment as kathrine steps forward, and he rubs his eyes.*

"There must be much sand left in mine eyes for me to miss a dwarf friend dressed so."

*Krin reaches for another ale*

"We would be most happy to have your aid and your blade. But for the moment let us drink, if it doesn't clear out my eyes it will at least raise the spirits eh?"
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*Sylas starts running headed to one of the back rooms calling over his shoulder*
"Amadi! Start pouring! Dont stop till the Dwarves either say so, or pass out!"

*after some rustling Sylas busrts back out of the room carrying a large roll*
*laying it out on the table and fingering a few positions*

"This is where we are now." *moving finger* "This is Caldonia, and above that the Homelands.." "These are the Chaos Mountains and what was the sea of Dust."*running his fingers acrossed the map*

"Where are your people and how are you getting them to the Homelands?"

".. and do they know your coming?"
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

Cudar sips from the mug.
"Thanks much... Amadi, you said it was? Afraid we haven't had the pleasure. I am Cudar Vayl, titled the Burgundy Hero by a mad trans-dimensional puppet."
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

*while not imbibing to heavily, kirn keeps up a contant flow of drinking.*

"Hum... your maps differ from ours... no doubt do to time. By my guess our people are about... here *he points to a spot far to the west of sylas's map*. We would hope that they would grant honorless ones such as us the faith that we would return once the bell sounded... but we could not blame them if they doubted our return. It has been a long, long long time. What is this Cal..... whatydycallic??? We our currently encamped just beyond the great wall at the edge of the sands... as for how we will travel there... our people will walk until we can walk no more to return, we have no other option. We have many wagons and means to return from the great exodus to help with our movement, but our numbers are large and we move at but a snails pace. Would it be to much to ask dwarf friend, for you to help get word to our people? We have already encountered much trouble just getting this far into your kingdom... we would be most honored with your assistance."
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

"Caldonia. That is where my people are from. You will be passing through there on your way home."

*turning to Dearden placing one finger on the Dwarven Homelands, and one on the site the new Dwarf has pointed out*

"How do you plan on traveling, and if I was to take word today to the Dwarves on what path would they meet?"
Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

*to Sylas
"In the Kingdom of Mountains and Hills, darkness reigns.
Plants die, crops wither, the very stone grows cold.
The Dark Brother returns to claim the throne so bold.
Secrets of Kings may aid their Battle, yet the price is much,
For brother may fight brother while sisters quarrel such.
When all seems lost, the Bell will sound,
Then are the forgotten brethren found.
From beyond the waves, up from the dust, come their trains.

you do remember that right? and did you not feel the bell

http://www.carpsgame.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4210

almost a month ago? Well I guess you do like to sleep soundly.

Oh and carry my forge with me at all times but I do thank you for the use of the town forge."

*to Tro'Kal
"Now I welcome you with open arms, but our brethren might not. I had lost my honor once before too and was cast out. But with the help of our my friends here we brought the light back to the halls and help defeat dark elves. I will pull what strings I can and send a messenger right away."
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

"I recall vaguely, but even wagon trains that heavily laden will move, as he said, at a snails pace."

"I can be that messenger, and ready the Dwarves and the Caldonians. If you have someone specific in mind whos ear I should bend that might help."
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Is there any way that I might help with the message carrying? I wear but an amulet, not a ring, but my word does have some small weight in the homelands.
Last edited by Kathryn Skress on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

"I am most humbled by all the help you offer us. We will be able to move at a decent pace once we have crossed the wall, but the bulk of us will still be slow. Your offer to send word ahead for us would be most honored... And perhaps chronixxx draconis would know best who's ear to catch."
Rooks Bloodsinger Reayvalynn
Destined
Grand Magi
Lightbringer
Grand Sky Marshall
Mountain Slayer
Diplomat to Alleria
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Member of the Scribes guild
Councilman of the Mages guild
Amadi
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Amadi »

***to Sylas***

Amadi laughs loudly and nods. "Ah, this will be a night to remember!" Putting fresh mugs on the bartop for the Dwarves, Amadi does a little spin, enjoying the activity in the tavern.

***to Cudar***

Offering a hand to Cudar, Amadi laughs again. "You simply must tell me that story some time. I'm sure we'd get more than a few laughs. Amadi Verdigris. Pleasure to meet you, Burgundy Hero Cudar."
Amadi
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

*now running around like a crazy person in and out of rooms*

"Kathryn your armor an sword might be better suited by accompanying the train. Im not saying you cant go with me, just that its a task that I think I can handle quickly. If I hurry I may even be able to catch you all."

*stuffing a handful of mismatched clothes into a backpack*

"Honored Dwarves let me be the first to say 'welcome home', and that you may drink here for free any time you like."

*running out the door with a trail of loose clothes littering the floor behind him an audible <BAMF> is heard as soon as he is out of site.*
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn nods at Sylas' suggestion*

I will accompany the train then.