The Midway School of Learning
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

AlexV
Drinking Contest Contender

The Midway School of Learning

Post by AlexV »

Vorrin hobbles over to a wall near where he has his shop set up, with a Hammer and A large nail. He pounds the Nail into the wall. He hobbles back to his table and sets his hammer down, and picks up a placard with a chain connected to it. He Hobbles over to the nail, and hangs the chain on it, fixing the placard so it hangs straight, he then hobbles back to his seat and opens a book, and gets a look of concentration on his face.

The Placard Reads, in big blocky letters.

"The Midway School of Learning"

And in slightly smaller letters underneath.

"Looking for Teachers Trainers Learners Students"

And underneath that.

"Talk to Vorrin for more information."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Shighguard1
Pinky
Pinky

Re: The Midway School of Learning

Post by Shighguard1 »

A burly dwarf in heavy armor and wielding a sword almost as tall as he is walks up the the shop he stares at the sign for a moment unable to read the letters shrugs and moves into the shop. He plants the tip of his sword on the ground and leans on it. " I hear this be a place to be learning things. I am seeking to improve the use of me Heavy armor, also looking ter toughen up a wee bit and become a mit beher at Smithing. Got anythin' that can help with that?

(looking for Heavy armor 5, Smithing 4, Toughness 5)
Gorek
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Vorrin looks up from his ledger.

"Sit down, and i will start teaching you about the wonderful ways of the forge. Later i will see about getting someone to teach you how to better use your armour, and stay healthier."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Vorrin, do you have writ for this business venture? I have not given you one. Or is this in trade?
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Vorrin looks over to Edrick with an Eye brow raised.

"You want to teach a class on Tax Law? Or utilizing light armour in a fight? Or finding hidden shit? Or are you looking for teachers? Because i'm busy. Come back and bug me about coin later, during normal business hours."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Gunnar looks up form his normal spot in the inn. He looks right at the dwarf that is snapping at Edrick. Than he wince as the dwarf rattle off at him.*

"Well that might not be the wisest of moves there Vorrin. For Edrick can make your life a live nightmare if you think about it. An on the other side of the coin so to speak what are you charging for teaching or paying your teachers by the by. I might take you up on teaching if it worth my time."
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Vorrin looks over at Gunnar, and smiles.

"I plan on compensating the teachers, depending on a few factors. I would be happy to have your help. Teachers of some skills, are hard to find."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Vorrin,

As you know, my name is Edrick Stormbane, House Head of Mandilore. In the lands of Silverthorne it is illegal to sell anything without a writ or belonging to an organization. Punishment for selling without proper authorization is typically massive fines and could be up to death.

So let me ask you again, do you have writ to sell people’s skills? Do you have a writ to sell your food? Are you part of any guild? And if so, when did you join?
Shighguard1
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Shighguard1 »

*Gorek looks around sensing that this could be a bit of a problem* "Well lads i donta any trouble perhaps its best if i am on me way, I'll find another teacher. Thank ye fer your time *swings his sword onto his shoulder and turns to head out of the shop*
Gorek
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Vorrin gets a look of irritation on his face and looks over to Edrick.

"I am part of a guild both the Food Stuffs and the guild of smiths. I am keeping track of my taxes. And i am making no coin arranging teachers. I was merely helping out the new adventurers, by providing a service that happens to bring them to my shop. If they want to look at my wares while i help them, all the better. Now if you are interested in buying something, please do. But i am following the law as you explained it to me last moon. Why are you giving me trouble?"
Vorrin Lambsheart
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

I asked a simple question and you gave me guff. And technialy you are not part of the smith's or food guild until next moon. It takes time for you to become legal. And the head of the food guild has not told me you are in the food guild yet.

I only asked if you had a writ for this teaching schem you are doing. If the kings coins changes hands for services, like teaching, then it must be taxed.

So answer the question that I orginaly presented. Last chance.
pdusen

Post by pdusen »

Jasper, leaning back in a chair in the corner, a book and quill in hand, looks up from his writings at Edrick as he speaks, and then interrupts:

"I beg your pardon, good sir, I apologize for interjecting and intend no offense. However, I believe I just heard Vorrin here say that he is not accepting coin for these teaching services. Does that not adequately answer your question?"
Elias, Sword for Hire
Company of the New Dawn

Brother Jasper
Monastic Order of Tue-mek
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

So he did after a fashion. I did not catch that. I was to busy try to get a straight answewr from him and not trottling him.

Vorrin,
I would suggest you make sure the head of the food guild put you in and that she comes and informs me that you are indeed part of the guild.
AlexV

Post by AlexV »

Vorrin smiles over at Jasper, then looks back at Edrick.

"Yeah. I will make sure she informs you again."
Vorrin Lambsheart
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

*Edrick Grin's* So be it. This would have been much easier if you just answered the orginial question. So, have a nice Vorrin, and good luck with your selling.