A happy messenger!
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Brian
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

A happy messenger!

Post by X-GM Brian »

A particularly small gnome walks into the tavern and looks around humming to himself.

After a few seconds he fairly beams with excitement "AH HA!"

The gnome walks over to the bulletin board and looks up, obviously thinking.

"Oooh!" he scrabbles over and grabs a chair to set under the board. Quickly and nimbly the gnome climbs up to the seat and looks up, the board still out of his reach.

"Hmm" smiling to himself again the gnome uses the back of the chair like a ladder, balancing on the top unsteadily.

He reaches inside his leather pouch and feels around until he seems to find what he is looking for. Pleased with himself the gnome pulls out a folded sheet of paper. He then looks around for something to pin it up with. Seeing nothing of use the gnome reaches back into his pouch retrieving a small pot and a brush. He liberally coats the back of the letter with what ever substance is in the jar, all while humming a random song happily.

Realizing he doesn't have a spare hand now to put up the paper and put the jar a way the gnome shrugs quickly and throws the jar over his shoulder. With both hands now free the gnome carefully takes the paper and presses it flat against the wall.

Taking a moment to admire his handywork the gnome giggles and hops to the floor, leaving both the chair and the now broken jar where they sit, as he continues to hum a random tune and exits the tavern.

A moment after the Gnome leaves the note flashes to life. Fire consumes the small area where the letter had been, and a minute or so later what you see is a negative of the letter itself. Burned everywhere but where letters were written upon the paper you can read a message.

"Citizens of Midway! Welcome to the 37th Games of the Cackling Platypus! What? I know there weren't 36 other Games of the Cackling Platypus. This makes it sound more official. Okay, just keep writing what I'm saying. The Games of the Cackling Platypus have a long and storied history. They have given us such champions as Tom the Farmer, and Bob the Other Farmer. Seriously? Why would you even ask that? No Tom the Farmer and Bob the Other Farmer do not have collectible portraits. Why not? Because I made them up you simp! Man I'm going to fire you one day, and by fire I mean murder you in your sleep. Get back to writing down what I said! All adventurers are welcome to participate in the Games! You will win riches beyond imagining and fame! Lots and lots of fame. Okay, read that back to me. What. The. Hell. You wrote down everything I said? You really are an idiot. Okay, remove all that stuff I said. I know I said everything you wrote down! Remove the other parts. You know what..forget it. Just copy that and have it sent to them. They are too dumb to notice all of that stuff anyway."
Henrik of Castileon
Commander of Gnomercy
House Toevass
Earth Warden of Midway

The Words:
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Re: A happy messenger!

Post by NPC SoCo »

These games sound awesome! I'm totally in.

-Daniel
Bloodharp
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Bloodharp »

Mortimer pokes the jar slowly and waves a clawed hand around as a shard gets stuck on one finger.
Flamyras Kathson of the Sky - Retired
Grout "Mortimer" of the Order of the New Dawn
Dawn Silvermourne the Scholar
"foras sesto pondero ver"
celegar

Post by celegar »

best

idea

evar!