Town Council
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Jewels
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Re: Town Council

Post by Jewels »

Gives anya a frown. I don knows who aruors is cousin ,buts why yous gots a problem wiff me doin it?
Dux mendacii
Jewelious brierheart of the moonshadow clan
Member of jakoric
Head of luxury guild midway
Head of sensious guild midway
Hooch master extraordinaire
Purloiner & purveyor of relics and lost artifacts
Taleous
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Taleous »

"..."
"........." -Famous Valken'Vi Proverb
Kenric Sayne
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Kenric Sayne »

"I know you weren't talking to me, but Aurora has always done it because she is head of the mages guild and has always had the support of the guilds for the time that she's been in the seat."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

*Looks over at Raymound while shaking his head, than back to any.*

"I understand now where the problem may be. I do think he gave them to the thane. But I will see if Boss has them. An thank you for letting me know who had them last."

*Looks over at Kenric and chuckles.*

"The last time I heard we had two folks to do that job. One was Aurora whom I still support with all of my backing as well. But the other one was voted on without the whole of the guilds being talked to. I just wish to make sure that we as guild heads have a fair say in the whole appointment of our representatives. So that the Thane does not look down on us for not having our ducks all in a row. I hate for him to hear about us not pulling our own. Form what I heard about the last Thane before our new one got here. Was not so bright on our side of the things. Something about a making an arse out of the lot of us. Because we did not have our ducks in a row. So I wish to not repeat the past, I wish for us to learn form it. But than again whom am I to question reason of why. I am just a bodyguard right... or maybe I am just a freeman with one simple goal. For wanting Midway to become something of a shining jewel again. An not have it said that we are just a lot of over paid thieving adventures. Who just do not care about this kingdom, nor its people. I was a member of its Navy form the time I could enlist. I was a Sergeant of Arms in rank when I left it within honorable standing. I just want to make sure that we as a group do not fail. When we can avoid this little trap that has sent us down more than one rabbit hole. Is that such a bad want in this realm?"
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
Jewels
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Jewels »

Taleous my friend, why did you no comes to the party I did no brings the gamblib stuffs cuz I was thinkings you would.we missed out on opertunity for many drunkin bets
Dux mendacii
Jewelious brierheart of the moonshadow clan
Member of jakoric
Head of luxury guild midway
Head of sensious guild midway
Hooch master extraordinaire
Purloiner & purveyor of relics and lost artifacts
Taleous
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Taleous »

"We did indeed, and the fault is mine with much regret. Though I am not much for gatherings of this sort, my intensions were to attend for the sake of business. Unfortunately I had to deal with an issue that simply could not wait."

*OOG: My father in-law went into the hospital. I got the call when I was halfway there. He's 100% again, but nothing I could do about thet timing of things. Still bummed I couldn't make it.*
"........." -Famous Valken'Vi Proverb
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Aurora is the current representative of the guilds with Anya being the back up. That was the ruling of the council at the last meeting.

As for Devire, we are waiting on official response on who is the new head of the house in midway. Lady Skess was looking into this.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn walks to the bar from the back of the building, having heard the conversation from there*

Why the rush? The next Council meeting isn't scheduled until April. Oh, and by the way, the Council doesn't decide anything about who the Guild representative is, backup or otherwise. The Guilds must decide it on their own. It could change every month or be the same forever. It is totally up to them.
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

*aroura comes in as her Ears are burning up*

Hello everyone, I am curious in regards to the October meeting since I was not there. I have held the guild representative space for some time, but if someone else wants to hold it and the rest of the guilds agree I have no issue. As I will not be here in March and only maybe in April. Unfortunately I have several things that need my immediate attention. (you know a baby that is being stubborn about coming out...)
At the time of my appointment, it was because the guilds knew me and I was one of only a few heads in town at the time. If the guilds would like a meeting to decide who is to be the representative and the backups that is fine. Last time I knew of a back up that was to be Jason Blackstone, but he has been out of town as much as I have lately I believe. The only thing to remember as a representative is you must be available to the other guild heads so that you can bring up any issues they may have.
And yes Thane Tristan did have an issue with how we previous ran out meetings, but I believe we did a good job of improving those after the discussions several of us had with the former thane.
I am not overly familiar with Jewels, but i do know Anya well. She has my support and if gunner trusts Jewels than I would also be comfortable with him as long as both can be around regularly, whatever the other guilds decide should be fine with me.
Gone and Yet not gone
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Anya was voted as the backup guild repersentive by the Heads of the guilds. It was a majority vote. The guild heads not available at the time of the vote where considered abstained. The majority was if all guilds voted. Anya is a good choice because she is always around and has a good head on her shoulders.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Erinin Nkosa
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Erinin Nkosa »

*turns to Gunnar*

"Ah yes, I have been working on some official research so I have not been able to come visit for some time."

*shakes her head wearily*

"I would love to speak to you when you have the free time"

(pm me?)
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Wherever the wind takes me or hanging in Jakoric House

Post by raymond »

~Raymond is just sitting there looking at everyone waiting to speak~

Ok at the time the vote for who would sit on the council for the guilds it was voted on by myself, edrick,and daniel whom at the time was the head of most of the guilds in town. Now since then i have stepped down from that post in alot of guilds so if the guilds wish to call a meetins' to call for new rep. than give me a time and I will be there.

~looks over to Kathryn~

The rush is that it seems that organization is not this town strong suit. And I believe it would be good for us to start talking and planning now for the up coming year so that we can better handle things. I have things I would like for those on the Council to think about now so that when it is time for a meeting they have had time to make an educated decision.

~looks Around the room~

Did i miss a question from anyone?
Shadow Priest Raymond Ratcliffinson
Elder of the Moonshadow Clan
“May the Ancestors bless the path that you walk, so that your walk is meaningful and powerful!”
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn leans back against the wall, crosses one ankle over the other, and scrutinizes Raymond for a long moment*
You are looking at the head of House DeVris.

*She looks at Kenric and says wryly*
Sorry to disappoint you.

*Back to Raymond*
Should I choose to appoint a new head between now and April, I will bring them up to speed. So, as it seems we are all here, speak.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*After several long minutes, Kathryn shifts restlessly and glances out the window at the sun's position.*
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Wherever the wind takes me or hanging in Jakoric House

Post by raymond »

I would ask that the Council talk to members of their Houses and Guilds and find out ways we can help the Kingdom. In doing so we are taking an active role in protecting our homes instead of just waiting idle for an attack to come to us. We will empower ourselves to be more active in the Kingdom and show those who wish harm to come to us that we may not always get along but you will not be the ones to hold us down. Together as a town we have overcome great evils and now it is time to show those great evils that wish to rise up against us that we united against them and always will be.

So I ask all of you to talk and listen to those whom put trust in you so that we can rise to heights.
Shadow Priest Raymond Ratcliffinson
Elder of the Moonshadow Clan
“May the Ancestors bless the path that you walk, so that your walk is meaningful and powerful!”