Kenric stumbles into the tavern
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Kenric Sayne
Drinking Contest Contender

Kenric stumbles into the tavern

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric slams open the door and almost trips as he walks in. He reeks of filth and way too much booze, and lacks all of his usual attire, instead barefoot and dressed in rags, no swords at his side, and wearing no eye patch. His pale, dead eye and the scar leading to it are visible to everyone. Kenric approaches the bar and sets down his tankard, while using his other hand to keep himself steady*

"Heeeeeeey barman..... Gimme tha strongest thing ya got back there!'
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Jewels
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Re: Kenric stumbles into the tavern

Post by Jewels »

Jewels looks at kenrick a moment before smileing "you gots moneys, cuz you looken like yous dont.
Dux mendacii
Jewelious brierheart of the moonshadow clan
Member of jakoric
Head of luxury guild midway
Head of sensious guild midway
Hooch master extraordinaire
Purloiner & purveyor of relics and lost artifacts
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric moves his hand a little too quick for most people to even see where it went, and slams it down on the counter, lifting it up to reveal some coin.*

"Looks can be a bit... deceivin'... I believe that's what they say"

*Kenric almost falls over, but catches himself at the last moment*

"Now hows about that drink, eh? *Hic!*"
Kenric Sayne
Kestrel
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Kestrel »

Kestrel looks at Kenric with suspicion tinged with pity "What happened to you?"
Wood Elfling
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric slowly turns to the voice, making sure to keep his balance.*

"Skress happened to me. Removed from my position and forced to remove myself from my house on threat of death. Now I'm just a former magistrate... What good am I here now..."
Kenric Sayne
celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by celegar »

awwwwww poo. welp, at least you still have your eyesight......

*serves drink*

dwell on that one for a while, its on the house
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Serri Stolonifera

Post by Serri Stolonifera »

*Serri nervously pushes her way in, glancing around, then trots to the bar, struggling up onto the high stools, rearranging her bags of herbs and sketches* “Might I have some hot water for a cup of tea?” she asks the barman. *spots Kestrel* “Aha, Kestrel!! Come see what I found on my walk today!”

*sees Kenric in his condition, smells the alcohol* “…you are in pain? Maybe a cup of tea would make you feel better – some ginger, with lemon and honey?”
Serri Stolonifera
Wood Elf Master Healer, Artist, and Craftswoman
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res snorts at the suggestion of tea, "Best fetch some whisky to mix in with that hot ginger-water." Res wrinkles his nose in disgust, "That stuff'll kill a real man. The medicine he needs is one that helps you forget."

Res slaps a few verlan on the counter and nods over to the the barkeep, "Hey 'keep... his next one's on me." He looks over at the drunken ex-magistrate and winces at him, "I'm used to being prettier than you, but not THIS much prettier. Which Skress did this to ya? Was it Katherine? And why'n the world would they do it?"
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric slowly tilts his mug down and stares hard at Serri with his dead eye.*

"Tea? You think tea will help me right now? HA! If tea could help me with this, maybe it could help restore my eye too!"

*He thinks for a bit*

"Thanks for the concern, but all that'll help me now is time and a good, deep bottle to crawl inside of."

*He then turns to Res*

"Thanks Res, I appreciate the drink... As for Skress, yeah, it was Kathryn. She had me removed from the House Head position and then put on probation, and then told me that if I didn't resign from the house, I would face repercussions of my actions, up to and including death... All because of Hamilcar and his lies... Well, I took myself out of the house because I'd rather not be dead, but now I'm not sure what to do. My family has had a member in DeVris for as long as we've kept track of our family's history... Now I've screwed up not only my life and reputation, but that of every Sayne that has come before me and every Sayne that will come after me."

*Kenric stares into his mug, deep in concentration.*

"Now I just need to figure out what to do with myself."
Kenric Sayne
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res shakes his head in disbelief, "Hamilcar eh? That guy always struck me as an oar short of a rowboat. Seems weird they are takin' the word of a crazy person over yours. What did he accuse you of anyway?"

He settles back into his chair and takes a sip of his beer, "Well you listen. Now's not the time to think about what it all means. I think you should get good and drunk, then have lots of sex with one of Ramond's best. Worry about all that 'life' and 'dishonor' crap another day."

Res holds up another verlan and grins, "Hell I'll even pay for your whorin'. Nobody can say I'm not a generous man when I see someone in pain."

Res motions to the barkeep, "Keep'em coming barkeep. We need to get this man so drunk he can barely stumble into the whorehouse."
Master Seer
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

*Kenric finishes his drink and motions for another*

"It's nothing that Hamilcar accused me of, it's the fact that his wrong doings missed my checks before I put him into the house. The fact that I placed someone into the house who was impersonating a noble was highly frowned upon, and with the whole issue of failing to deal with Stag on multiple occasions, which I left up to Hamilcar, that also fell down on me."

*Kenric picks up his new drink and takes a deep drink*

"While I appreciate the offer of paying for a trip to the whorehouse for me, pretty sure a certain lady of mine would be very upset with me for going there."
Kenric Sayne
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res shrugs, pockets the Verlan, and says, cheerily, "So there's a 'Missus Eyepatch', eh? Well, I'll just have to go in your place then."

Res kicks his feet up on to a nearby bench and lounges back, "So you took the fall for all this? It's like my daddy used to say... 'when the shit hits fan, it don't splatter evenly.'" Res takes a thoughtful sip of his beer, "You know he never did tell us what a 'fan' was... some sort of gnomish manure spreader I think...."

"Well I got your back if you ever need anything. I'm lookin' to get us a whole lot of jobs in spring. You'll be so busy you won't have time to think about getting screwed over and pegged as the fall guy for Hamilcar's idiocy."
Master Seer
Jewels
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Jewels »

Jewels. Stands listening to kenric and res go back and forth silently then gives a small smile and speaks to kenric quitely as he pours him another mead.
Dux mendacii
Jewelious brierheart of the moonshadow clan
Member of jakoric
Head of luxury guild midway
Head of sensious guild midway
Hooch master extraordinaire
Purloiner & purveyor of relics and lost artifacts
celegar

Post by celegar »

ziggy scribbles a quick note and slides it to jewels as he goes about his normal duities of recordkeeping and inventory. gives jewels an acknowledging nod.
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn strolls up, having heard the exchange, and slides onto the bench nearest Res*

Oh, come now, let's not be dramatic. You aren't in your current predicament because of Hamilcar's lies. You are in it because you didn't check him out properly.

*To Ziggy*

Water please.

*Back at Kenric*

Besides, everything in dealing with DeVris is punishable by anything up to and including death, or haven't you noticed? That doesn't mean I would have actually killed you. That's a bit drastic.

*pensively*

It's really all about mentorship and training. Of course, I did offer to help you several times, but... *sigh* Well, you just have to pick yourself up by your bootstraps. Besides, didn't you tell me that when you tried to leave the House, it seemed as if you were being blocked in some way? Maybe that will work to your favor! Instead of leaving, you could try to redeem yourself. Take advantage of the probation instead of getting all down in the dumps. Search your other possibilities. Maybe mage-hunting is more your style.

*turns to Res*

Hey, speaking of adventuring, what's that sign all about?