Kenric stumbles into the tavern
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

olaf
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: Kenric stumbles into the tavern

Post by olaf »

"Hey! If there's a brawl involved, make sure to bring Olaf!"
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res kicks his feet up on to a barstool in front of him and leans back, he addresses Katherine first, "Yeah, some people just got no respect for the law, y'know?"

"You were there when I made the agreement with that Broad... broadmuhuhfffh... whataver that Broad's name was. That guy. Anyway, ya told Ziggy he had to uphold it." Res shrugs, "s'too bad too. I expended a lot of my energy on that scrying. Doesn't seem fair for me to be cheated on it, but I guess it's my fault for believing the bar'd be good for its' word."

"As for oaths... I sure never had to swear no fealty to anyone when I joined the 'knives, or I don't expect I'd have joined. I'm not big on oaths... either a man is gonna be loyal and true to his word, or he isn't. An oath isn't going to keep dishonest people from being dishonest."

Res nods to Edrick, "Well I got Cudar and Katherine with me. The more I think about it the more I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a loose kind of group. We all work together to find jobs, and we all can share a cut. We take only who is needed for the job, or is available. That way if Katherine ain't here, or you're tied up in other things, it's no big deal. People's that actually go and do the job get a better cut than those that don't, but we all get a share in the profits, so long as we all productive."

"'Course this is a new venture, so we can change how it all runs and how profits is paid out as it goes along. Only thing is I'd want the final say on who goes on a particular job. Though I think if someone actually finds us a particular job, then they should have the right to go along on it automatically.

"We can discuss the particulars in private once we get a crew together. Seems like with you, Cudar, Katherine, me, and... " he nods to Olaf, "Olaf here that we got ourselves a nice little party. We can all sit down and figure out who's got what skills so we can fill in whatever holes are needed later. Off-hand only thing I see is that we still need is a mage, healer, and alchemist.... though it'd be nice if we can find one person that's all three to keep the share down. A six way split isn't too bad, depending on costs."

Res grins over at "Olaf no worries, we can take you with us if there's fighting. And we'll even pay ya for it."
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Well, I can take care of the mage when Eld shows his face, I can cover the healing and some alchemy to a point.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res nods, "I'm a scroll-caster. So if we plan and do some stockpiling, I can cover some of the mage stuff too."

"And yeah, there's people I'd have a good mind to include on a contractual basis. But core group's gotta remain small, and gotta be made up of folks who are around every month."
Master Seer
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Res Ipsa wrote: But core group's gotta remain small, and gotta be made up of folks who are around every month."
*Kathryn looks really disappointed*
Well, I don't know that I'll be around every month. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be gone some of the time. Chasing down criminals is time-consuming at times. Not because I can't find them, but because there are so many, you know? Anyway, if that's your criteria, I guess you better count me out.

*She gives Res a little smile*
I was so looking forward to your company.
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res winks at Katherine, "Now now... none of that. I'm just thinking out loud is all. I want you, so you're in. I'll always make an exception for a pretty face... and Edrick, too I guess. 'Sides, I'm not always in town neither so that rule won't work anyway."
Master Seer
olaf

Post by olaf »

Olaf raises his mug. "Paid to do the fun stuff! Olaf will drink to that!"
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

*Laughing* me a pretty face, thats rich. It sounds fun. I do have some leads on a couple missions which we can talk in private. This sounds like it can be fun and I will make sure it is profitable!
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan