A short woman comes into the inn.
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

A short woman comes into the inn.

Post by NPC Ken »

A short woman enters the inn. She is clad in full plate mail and wears a white surcoat with a heater shield and a sword displayed on the chest. Bright, piercing blue eyes peer out from behind her helm, and on her hip she bears an intricately crafted longsword. A shield is strapped to her back that bears the same sigil as her surcoat. She looks about for a few minutes, then states in a brisk, no-nonsense tone, "I'm looking for squire Gnaels. I was told he frequents this tavern."
Last edited by NPC Ken on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X-GM Brian
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Re: A short woman comes into the inn.

Post by X-GM Brian »

Sitting in the corner seemingly lamenting his lack of drink Gnaels looks up. With a small grimace he stands up.

"Here Ma'am. Though frequency is a matter of perspective I suppose."

With that Gnaels awaits what the Knight has to say.
Henrik of Castileon
Commander of Gnomercy
House Toevass
Earth Warden of Midway

The Words:
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Ken »

The woman looks like the squire over, and frowns slightly, "You will address me as Dame, or Sir, Squire." She walks over to him and removes the gauntlet on her right hand, placing it on the table. Her hand slips into a pouch at her waist and she withdraws a rolled up parchment, then holds it out to the Squire, "Orders from Sir Dolf. There is threat of a peasant uprising in an adjoining Thanedom. You are to head to the village of Dimmins Point and assist the Thane in restoring order there. This is a map detailing the location. I suggest you gather what aid you are able from your allies, as messages have ceased from the village and it is likely the peasants are armed and in high numbers. Sir Dolf wishes to stress the use of diplomacy in this matter, if possible." She nods again to the squire and waits for his response.
X-GM Brian

Post by X-GM Brian »

Gnaels accepts the parchment and nods.

"In a situation such as this I would prefer the diplomatic method dame. No doubt some fool has stirred these men to action. I shall seek others to help me with a peaceful solution in mind. Thank you for bringing this to me dame."

Gnaels looks around the room eyeing each person individually.

"most of you know me. If not personally then by deed. One of those deeds recently was rash and unpleasant. I stand by the decision I made, though not the way I went about it. That being said, I need those of you willing to help to understand that all caution is to be used here. These are people working the ground that feeds us, and making what we call life possible. Who among you would see this end peacefully? And who among you will do what they must if push comes to shove?"
Henrik of Castileon
Commander of Gnomercy
House Toevass
Earth Warden of Midway

The Words:
"You either die being a true gnome ... or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Edrial
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Edrial »

*edrial looks at gnaels cautiously*
I am all for helping people. If that is what you aim to do, then I would help you. No matter how things fall out of it.
-Edrial
-Head of House Mandilor, Midway
-Head of Crimson Steel
AlexV
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by AlexV »

Swift looks up from his plate, which has a skinned leg of something on it. Mouth full of food he speaks.

"I can go along in case of the unpleasantness." He says with a shrug.
Vorrin Lambsheart
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Gneals, I will help you. I hate seeing the citizens of Silverthorn come to harm and will do what is nessary to keep them protected. Not to mention, you can't collect taxes from a corpse.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Ken »

Dame Elizabeth nods politely to Gnaels and the rest of the townspeople gathered in the inn, retrieves her gauntlet and places it back on her hand. "Good luck to you Squire. I have other matters to attend to and so must take my leave. You may make your report directly to Sir Dolf." She turns, without further comment, and walks out of the Tavern.
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

Gnarls count me in as well.
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway