Town Leadership
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Town Leadership

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

I have noticed we have many folks coming to Midway seeking our help. I also have noticed some of them leaving with out there plee's of help being met. I think as a town we need to have a centeral person which can orginize us to better help people. Who should take on this responsilbity? Is it the constable? The mayor? Or some other willing person?

I'm not an orginizer. But I will support and help out.
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
celegar
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Re: Town Leadership

Post by celegar »

i'd be more than happy to begin a job board, however I cannot post any jobs unless I am informed of them. as of late there has been a lack of communication with the town and if I start a job board I will be personally policing it to ensure to the minimum that there are no obvious traps.....no guarantees, but no random people will be putting things on it.

-zig
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC SoCo »

(AS SEDRIC Strongarm a/k/a Spudinkski)

Seems to me that it should be the Constable or as she is well unable to perform that particular duty due to her pending child's birth then it would fall to the Mayor. So, Ziggy's our man in charge. Tell us more about this... what did you call it a job board? I'm not too good on the reading and such.
"INVICTUS" by William Ernest Henly
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman
raymond
House Jakoric
House Jakoric
Location: Wherever the wind takes me or hanging in Jakoric House

Post by raymond »

NPC SoCo wrote:(AS SEDRIC Strongarm a/k/a Spudinkski)

Seems to me that it should be the Constable or as she is well unable to perform that particular duty due to her pending child's birth then it would fall to the Mayor. So, Ziggy's our man in charge. Tell us more about this... what did you call it a job board? I'm not too good on the reading and such.

Wouldn't that fall to the Capt of the Guard before the Mayor
Shadow Priest Raymond Ratcliffinson
Elder of the Moonshadow Clan
“May the Ancestors bless the path that you walk, so that your walk is meaningful and powerful!”
X-GM Snow
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by X-GM Snow »

"I accept, when do I start?"
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

I would, as Captain of the Town Guard, be willing to moderate the board, but like our Mayor mentions I fear it being used as a springboard for traps, but instead of disallowing anyone from posting things I think posted jobs should be stamped, be it from the postee talking to the proctor(s) or whathave you, by the proctor(s) of the board to mark the job as one less likely to end up a trap. This way anyone can post but people who take the jobs know, within the best of what the proctor(s) can verify and feel safe, what they are getting themselves into.

I also feel the job board would be best run by a group of 'whos', and not by one 'who'.
Many hands make light work, and this allows jobs to be posted/stamped quicker and easier depending on the system employed.
I vote the heads of the four Houses, the Mayor, the Constable, and in her absence or if she so chooses the responsibility to fall to the Captain of the Guard as well- Myself.
-- Dimaethor Gul'Vagor
Jewels
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Jewels »

Jewels looks over from where he lies sprawled
out on a bench, "ain dis spose tah be what da mercs is for? Imeen i ants gonna go geat killds jus cus theres a signs tellin me wheres to go to do it.and was to stop peoples trom taken the stuffs on da bord, and what about thems that cant read, you shoulds get some one to guards it and reads it to peoples, luckly i cans do bouth fer cheep.(stands up and puts his hands on his hips) wich is why ims in complete saports and nominats ziggy to ru
ns it( looks over at ziggy and points back and forth at himself and ziggy nonchalantly)
Dux mendacii
Jewelious brierheart of the moonshadow clan
Member of jakoric
Head of luxury guild midway
Head of sensious guild midway
Hooch master extraordinaire
Purloiner & purveyor of relics and lost artifacts
celegar

Post by celegar »

well, at this point, i believe it may be important to point out that any decision made would not be valid until such time as the town council decides to reconvene or edicts are passed down from higher authorities.

so before everybody goes all up in arms about who gets to be in charge of the bit of wood with bills on it, grab the opinion of the current council.
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
Res Ipsa
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res snickers from the back of the room*

The problem is you people talk too damn much but don't say anything.
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

The job board is a neat idea, but I was thinking a centeral person who would collect missions and round up people to send them on the mission. A person to kick towns folk in the pants to make sure the work is getting done. :D
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
Kenric Sayne

Post by Kenric Sayne »

"I think we might have to convene a council meeting this moon to decide on a couple of these issues."
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

*Res rolls his eyes, then raises up his glass*

Here's to more meetings!

*He takes a pull *

You know i think this town is going to turn me into an alcoholic...

*He shakes his head*

You all need a strong, decisive leader. Someone with balls... like the head of Devris.

The problem , as I see it, is when someone comes needing help you all mull around and talk the issue to death. Or you talk until someone dies. Usually of boredom.

Sorry but more meetings is the last thing you need. Here's what you do... find someone with gigantic steel balls that knows how to get shit done and put him in charge.

*Res takes a second sip from his glass and shrugs*

Someone besides me that is. I used to do that kind of thing, but it was a former life. Tell you what though, if you need help finding someone suitable, I'm more than willing to help ya for a fee.
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives