Res saunters in...
The tavern in Midway is open for business!

Moderator: Moderators

olaf
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: Res saunters in...

Post by olaf »

"Bah. Breaking numbers is fun, but not productive. Can break them all day long and not have any meat or bone to show for it."

"Like take distance across circle. Break it in half. Take first half the second half number of times and then again by a *very* broken number of times - 3.1415926... you get idea. Now you have surface of circle, but in feetfeet, as it both width and length at same time. Fun breaking, but is Olaf stronger for knowning surface area? No. Useless information."
Vaanak
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Vaanak »

"Olaf, let's go hit something. You know I like to hit things when you start using numbers like that."
Vaanak the Orc
All around awesome orc.
NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Ken »

*Res stares at Edrial for a long moment, then takes a long swig of his ale, shrugs, and says,* "Guess I shoulda looked into that quicker for ya, Sparkles. Hey, you don't mind if we wait to fix ya until we're done with the mission do ya? You look a helluva lot more intimidatin' that way... *he leans forward and jabs the orc in his arm* "Not to mention I may have some ladies, or gentlemen down at the whore house who may like a nine foot tall sparkly orc... could be a money maker for us both." *Res chuckles, leans back and takes a long pull of his ale*, "Besides.. if it's real sunny out maybe we can spin you around and hypnotize our prey."

*Res glances over at Flamyras*, "Yeah I thought he was actin' kinda funny when he started talking about our 50% chance of livin' and how he could only swing 37.6969 pounds effectively... yada yada. Guess Sparkles distracted me before I could say something about it."

*Res motions to the barkeep* "Hey ho, Barman... Daniel's next few drinks are on me." *He grins at Lockheart* "I got some loring that I need done, might be a bit of a challenge for ya, so let me know if you aren't up for it. Pains me to say it, but some stuff is just better done through readin' books than readin' bones."

*Res looks over to Va* "You comin' too? Excellent! Say... you don't have any woodsy skills that let you make friends with monsters, do ya?"
NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Ken »

*FYI - I'm dropping a 30 point scry-shield on my plan of action here:*

*Res turns back to the crowd and addresses everyone* "Looks like we got ourselves a nice sized party here. Glad you all are committed to coming along. Now, let me tell you all a little more about what we're about. Seems that there is still some trouble brewin' in the dreamscape. There's a large section of the dream that is under a nightmarish storm-cloud. It seems the Dreamer is need of our help, and I've looked into it and have a plan as to how to fix it. The first step in this plan is to hunt down these little beauties that are roaming around the Chaos mountains. I'm going to need them to aid me in locating the Dreamer and to help her out."

*Res pauses to take a long pull from his mug, then wipes a bit of froth from his mouth before continuing,* "Now don't any of you worry... we ain't going into the dreamscape at all. I wouldn't ask any of you to have to endure that, except those who have the gift for it. *He winks at Aurora*, "No... a simple trip into the Chaos Mountains through the Ways is what we're doing." What we are after, gentlemen...." *he glances at Va* "and... er.... Ladies... is a beastie that can only be found in the Chaos Mountains." *He leans forward and states,* "What we are looking for is a Chicken-legged hut."

*Res pauses for a moment for dramatic effect*, "Now, this is the kind of thing that is going to test our mettle, our courage, and our intelligence. There'll be all sorts of dangers in those mountains. We won't be able to teleport in there... and to make matters worse, we gotta track the buggers down and figure out how to subdue one without harming it. I got to figure out how to tame it or bend it to my will. I need it to mind me if I'm going to use it on the Dreamscape."

"I know all of you are very good at what you do, and more than capable of figuring this all out. I wish I had the means to properly reimburse you all, but for now you're gonna have to be satisfied with knowin' that this will serve a better purpose. If any of you feel like you aren't up to the challenge, you are free to stay behind.. I just ask that you don't speak of this to no one outside of this room."

*Res nods, settles back into his chair, and motions for the barkeep to fill his mug again.*
Vaanak
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Vaanak »

"Res I know how to make animals listen to me. You tell me what to do I do it. Although I think it more fun to just hit them." Vaanak pulls a dagger out of the hands of the babies not quite sure how they got ahold of it.
Vaanak the Orc
All around awesome orc.
NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Ken »

*Res nods to Va* "Well that's a start. I also want to have a couple of charm scrolls handy, or a mage that can cast charms... just in case. Wouldn't hurt if we had some way of makin' us fly, either."

"Also, there's a teensy problem I been workin' on with getting it back here. They're too big for the ways... but I think I got that worked out already... definitely going to need control of the thing for it all to work though."
Edrial
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Edrial »

*edrial waves a hand at res*
yeah, edrick has done some looking into what is going on with me already, need more answers, but those can wait. I will do what I can with the chicken hut, even if it is just stand in the way to protect whoever is gonna charm or subdue the thing.
And I think I will pass on the brothel plan for now.
-Edrial
-Head of House Mandilor, Midway
-Head of Crimson Steel
X-GM Snow
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by X-GM Snow »

*Valkren to Res*

"Res, how are we getting there and back, exactly?"
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
X-GM Snow

Post by X-GM Snow »

"Also, what's the gift?"
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
olaf

Post by olaf »

“Would have to shout pretty loud to talk to someone outside this room, so no problem there. They not want to talk about it, anyway, or they be in here. But don’t you worry – Olaf will *make* chickens listen when time to talk to them.”

He cracks his knuckles against the bar.
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Daniel cringes when he hears about the chicken legged house... looks at his cup and clearly comes to a decision. "Oh man, chick houses... again. Oh man. Twilight would roll over in her scrying lab. Bar keep rescind that cutting me off order and fill me up, on Res!"
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.
agmundr
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by agmundr »

*Looks up at Res,*

"Well I can help to try and figure out a way to get without harming it. But I am still better at doing the Va way. So you are the lead on this Res."
Safyr, Gan to the Breath of the Asp
Qara Aslan to the Company of the New Dawn
Batu to the Mongke Oyugun
Member of the Seer's Guild
Enforcer to House Mandalor
Dravec
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Dravec »

"Mr. Res, I would gladly journey to the Dreamscape with you. I feel that we can be of great use on any adventures there." Dravec says with a grin, nodding towards his axe. (I will be missing the May event, and should be at the June one)

"I just will not be able to make any trips with you this upcoming gathering. If you want to ask me anything about the Dreamscape, feel free" (send pm)
Dravec the Avyana
Lost without the Axe :(
...smells like an Orc
Jason Blackstone
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Jason Blackstone »

Hey Res if ya need i can smith some vary nice equipment for the run but need to know what you might need and as always my axe and shield arm are at your side.
Im able with the right matierials and the correct recepies make some intresting items and its possible that their might be some grand item out their that will let you controll a chicken house.
But I would have to know what it is the material thats needed and where to gather it.
However it sounds as time is not on our side to hunt up the info and mats.
(Jason Blackstone)
Guild Head of the Arm's and Armor's Guild.
Guild Head of the Mercs Guild.
Foreman at the docks of Iron-guard.
Grandmaster smith of silverthorne.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I have only ever heard of one chicken house. Why are you looking for it?