Character Background
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Jack_White
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Character Background

Post by Jack_White »

I was just wondering if Lich's exist in the world of Phantara? I have a really good idea that my character's parents were destroyed by a lich and when it found my character, Gaerwn as a baby, it decided to raise him as her own child. and since he is not a mage and cannot learn what she could teach him she turns him into basically a living magical dead zone. and as she begins to become more feral due to her body's decomposition Gaerwn uses his new found ability to end her miserable life. just wondering if this was acceptable
The dice say... Hello!
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Character Background

Post by GM Evan »

Acceptable sure, advisable...not really. A large number of characters have a hatred of undead and by default tend to hate all those associated with them. Undead (and necromancers) are also the primary antagonists in this game world. So nothing wrong with it, just be advised some characters may dislike or even seek to harm/kill you depending on how open you are about it and how you play things.

Hope that helps,
Evan
Jack_White
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Jack_White »

Of course thanks for the help!
The dice say... Hello!
Daniel Lockheart
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Keep in mind also that you cannot be a moving magic dead zone. You can be magic dead.. which basically means you call resist or no effect to all calls with the word "spell" in them. Which is both good and bad, considering that could be "spell grant 100 extra shadow life" or "we're loosing and need to flee quick everyone 'spell teleport'" and everyone leaves you in a dark elf city with hundreds of dark elves looking for revenge, all alone. But the up side would be things like 'point spell death'.

I know of only two PC's to be able to play magic dead for more than a handful of events and still have fun playing. It's a very highly magical world. Filled with cool magic items (which you cannot use) and lots of helpful buff spells (which do not work on you). Add to that, that it's considered not a flaw but a merit (you actually PAY character points to not get to use magic items!) and it's not really the best thing in the game. However, if you're up for a challenge and like good RP I highly recommend it.
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.