Oh Hi there
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Novariel

Oh Hi there

Post by Novariel »

I just moved to the Lansing area and through various quirks I've found myself on this here website. I'm contemplating coming to the event July 10-12 to check this shenanigans out. I participate in a more different and less role play larp called Dagorhir and I am wondering if my weaponry from that game would be acceptable in this game? After reading a bit of the rulebook it seems that my weapons are the same idea, just with more padding.

Random question about bows; I don't remember reading at what draw length must they be under 25 lbs? I'm guessing mine is too powerful, but just curious

If I'm new, making a character happens at the first event I show up to? Should I bring my weaponry? Questions wee!
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Oh Hi there

Post by Darthesis »

Hello there, firstly, our next event is July 29-31! (not July 10-12th)

Wouldn't want you to show up to no one there.

Past that, yes in the past Dagohir weapons have always tended to pass inspection as "CARPS safe" so you should be good. As for bows, yes we limit them to 15-25 pounds, so most bows are well above that.

As for a character, you can either work on building one beforehand or we will happily help you when you show up (show up early for good help). At least have a character concept together and we can help from there.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Novariel

Re: Oh Hi there

Post by Novariel »

Huh, there's a different between June and July; weird! I have a sweet dagorhir event that same weekend in July. Maybe the next one! Thanks for the reply :)