Not new, but been gone a LONG time.
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Re: Not new, but been gone a LONG time.

Post by Sir Llyshon »

There would probably be zero punishment from the kingdom for killing a dark elf. Dark elves are universally hated/reviled and do not have protections.

And even if one did have some form of protections (say from paying taxes), there would be a huge incentive for the people in power to look the other way, or not investigate too closely if that dark elf went missing.

I know if Llyshon were still alive, you wouldn't live the event. He didn't have the hatred dark elves flaw. He hated them for IG reasons. He would have killed you as soon as he saw you, and there wouldn't have been a chance for RP, just a string of point-cast death effects, and no body left to resurrect.

I think this is going to make for some GREAT RP though, and i'm glad that you chose to come back after I retired.
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Nalfein Xarann
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Nalfein Xarann »

Npc Beta wrote:If you are interested Neil some of us get together at my place in Redford every wed to spar
Yes, actually! Very interested. I would need to find a ride but I could do that.

The reason I am trying to do more LARPing is that I discovered some time ago some very scary statistics. And that is that stay at home or work from home fathers like me are 86% more likely to develop terminal illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, etc if they do not also have some form of "violent" hobby. They had reccomended paintball/airsoft, etc. Since there is already heart disease in my family, and I am overweight anyway that scared the hell out of me so I am endeavoring to be more active. I play Kanar religiously but I am finding that 3 days out of a month is not enough. And I can feel the hypertension and stress build up. I love my kids dearly, but I need more time out of the house.

It would be good to spar with some people from another game too. I had to adjust a bit when I came to CARPS because Kanar fighters tend to hit harder and are a lot more aggressive, and I really don't want to hurt anyone.

My Skype which is also my phone is VTV115, or you can just call me on it at 586-623-5549.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Sir Llyshon wrote:There would probably be zero punishment from the kingdom for killing a dark elf. Dark elves are universally hated/reviled and do not have protections.

And even if one did have some form of protections (say from paying taxes), there would be a huge incentive for the people in power to look the other way, or not investigate too closely if that dark elf went missing.
But then again you never really know. Nalfein grew on Kathryn after Mary and I questioned him pretty heavily and decided he wasn't a threat.
Nalfein Xarann
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Nalfein Xarann »

Sir Llyshon wrote: I think this is going to make for some GREAT RP though, and i'm glad that you chose to come back after I retired.
That is really all I want to do. I want to help create fun and epic stories. I understand it will be hard, but my goal will always be to make sure every single player involved has a lot of fun. Including the ones trying to kill me. :)

I have some ideas I sent to the GM and hopefully there will be a way to make this easier for everyone. Both my character and myself are horrified at the idea of anyone losing their character over this. I played a VERY successful assassin character at Kanar and murdered countless PC's. I eventually as an RPer became ashamed of it. I really really hate taking people's characters away from them and strive to find other solutions.
Nalfein Xarann
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Nalfein Xarann »

Kathryn Skress wrote:
Sir Llyshon wrote:There would probably be zero punishment from the kingdom for killing a dark elf. Dark elves are universally hated/reviled and do not have protections.

But then again you never really know. Nalfein grew on Kathryn after Mary and I questioned him pretty heavily and decided he wasn't a threat.
Man I still remember you and I fighting in that one module. Side by side. You were wielding a Bastard Sword I think? And fighting in a proper skirt. If I remember right it was like only you and me? I don't remember what we were fighting but I remember that being a defining moment for our character's relationships.
Res Ipsa
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Res Ipsa »

Nalfein Xarann wrote:
Sir Llyshon wrote: I think this is going to make for some GREAT RP though, and i'm glad that you chose to come back after I retired.
That is really all I want to do. I want to help create fun and epic stories. I understand it will be hard, but my goal will always be to make sure every single player involved has a lot of fun. Including the ones trying to kill me. :)

I have some ideas I sent to the GM and hopefully there will be a way to make this easier for everyone. Both my character and myself are horrified at the idea of anyone losing their character over this. I played a VERY successful assassin character at Kanar and murdered countless PC's. I eventually as an RPer became ashamed of it. I really really hate taking people's characters away from them and strive to find other solutions.
Oh, Ken - the player, would feel absolutely awful about perming you. I don't like player killing. But it would be dictated by RP, and I hate to say it, but Llyshon was very racist against Dark Elves and killed them on sight. We all have our faults.

But like I said, i'm glad you don't have to worry about him. It should make for some interesting stories.
Master Seer
Member of the Diviner's Guild
Member of the Long Knives
Boomer Powderbang

Post by Boomer Powderbang »

Nalfein Xarann wrote:I have some ideas I sent to the GM and hopefully there will be a way to make this easier for everyone. Both my character and myself are horrified at the idea of anyone losing their character over this. I played a VERY successful assassin character at Kanar and murdered countless PC's. I eventually as an RPer became ashamed of it. I really really hate taking people's characters away from them and strive to find other solutions.
Right there with ya... Ahhh to be young and care free again...
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

Sir Llyshon wrote:I know if Llyshon were still alive, you wouldn't live the event. He didn't have the hatred dark elves flaw. He hated them for IG reasons. He would have killed you as soon as he saw you, and there wouldn't have been a chance for RP, just a string of point-cast death effects, and no body left to resurrect.
Pretty sure I could prevent that. ;-)

Entwining is awesome.
Eld - retired
Karn
X-GM Snow
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by X-GM Snow »

Eld, Quick, Can you stop 2280 points of damage? D:
-GM Snow

"I'm gonna ask you one more time, did you try to kill that Unicorn?"

"Does my answer matter? You're going to try and kill me anyway."

"You're not wrong." *Deathstrike*
dier_cire

Post by dier_cire »

Adoven wrote:Eld, Quick, Can you stop 2280 points of damage? D:
I don't have to. :-)
Eld - retired
Karn
Maka
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Maka »

Oh my god, Andy, really?
Captain of the Town Guard
Hordemaster of Maka's Bludgeon and Brew
Member of the Alchemist Guild
Sadly resigned from House Mandalor
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

dier_cire wrote:Well Hung is not a valid merit)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You know, for someone who has this in your signature, you certainly seem to be comparing.
Master Seer
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Boomer Powderbang wrote:
Nalfein Xarann wrote:I have some ideas I sent to the GM and hopefully there will be a way to make this easier for everyone. Both my character and myself are horrified at the idea of anyone losing their character over this. I played a VERY successful assassin character at Kanar and murdered countless PC's. I eventually as an RPer became ashamed of it. I really really hate taking people's characters away from them and strive to find other solutions.
Bwahaha... as if you have any regrets ;)
Master Seer
Rooks Reayvalynn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Rooks Reayvalynn »

Its not just lyshon that hates dark elves on the high end. At least two of the Mal'K will kill on sight... PC'ing a race that has earned a total hatred is really hard... as it pushed PCs who don't like to PK out of character to not just kill for the sake of another character. Ehh... lets just hope rooks stays to loaded to know what is happening.
Boomer Powderbang

Post by Boomer Powderbang »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Boomer Powderbang wrote:
Bwahaha... as if you have any regrets ;)
Who said anything about regret? I just don't think I have it in me to do what I used to. I had the chance to reset an entire game just a few years ago and frankly couldn't bring myself to do it.

Come to find out, what I did do so completely demoralized most people that pentag woulda preferred it over finishing them... and so he did. Brad however felt a little bit like an assholio... Still, we did have alot of fun cannabalizing and torturing the heroes.... Hmmmmm