First Event
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Dusty_Eves
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

First Event

Post by Dusty_Eves »

I had a question and a half regarding the schedule for upcoming year. First time CARPer looking forward to coming out joining for a season. First event on the schedule is listed as a 1 day event from March 4-6, how does the schedule play on a more finite level for 1 day events.

My other .75 questions, from the description on the site, and in other LARPs I've played, 1 day events tended to be a lot more, specifically focused. In the other LARP I played, many were usually for a specific group or guild, and had a very specific quest. As such, my question is are 1 day events conducive to a players first event, and if not, can one NPC for their first event (as mentioned I've larped before, and I'm familiar enough with the rules I suspect I would help more than hinder).

Thanks kindly, look forward to joining you all this year.

--Dusty
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: First Event

Post by Darthesis »

Dusty,

I'll let the GM's announce the specific times for start and end of the 1-Day's. however I can answer the 'second' question.

Our one days are very specific quests and very specific plotlines, however our GM staff does an amazing job of including everyone. I'd say they're an excellent chance as a new character to start as you will be 'thrown into the mix' and you will get more than enough time to meet other players and form some relationships.

Now they will be fairly fast paced and you may get lost a few times in terms of what's going on, but we have players who will answer your questions... it'll be perfectly reasonable for you to be lost in character, being new to the area... and no on here gets upset with new characters and rules questions, confusion, and all the normal stuff.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Archian
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Archian »

I don't know the specific time it will start yet, but we have the campground all weekend since they won't let us just get it for one day, but the event starts sometime on Saturday and goes usually till we go to bed saturday night....some people stay saturday night and leave sunday, some just leave once we are done saturday night.

Matthew Cooper
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

And for the official chime in...
Our first One-Day Event will start 'check-in' around 9:30am on Saturday the 5th, with a hopeful 'game-on' at 10am.
We will play throughout the day (likely breaking for dinner between 4 and 6) and wrap up before 10pm.
Those who wish to are certainly welcome to stay the night, and of course if RP runs beyond the 10pm mark no one will complain.

Keep an eye out for our Official Announcement of the location/subject of our one-day expedition, but as mentioned above they are designed to plot focused but pc inclusive.
We dont want anyone to feel left out.

The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

Having been to most of the one-days, yeah, they are probably better than normal for new players in my opinion. They tie in to the world in some form or another, but none of the ones I've been to have been part of the major plotlines (at least directly). They are more self contained modules that have everyone working as one group and move quickly with little downtime.
Eld - retired
Karn