One day only?
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Schwarzwald

One day only?

Post by Schwarzwald »

I was planning on the entire weekend with you guys, but I have people interested in going if I cut it down to a Saturday visit this time around.

If I showed up Saturday, how would things go about? I was going to show up early tomorrow so I could talk to some of you in person, but I guess its on the fence depending on whether or not we can show up Saturday morning, play into the night, and then ship out.
Clovis Ballard
Bastian
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: One day only?

Post by Bastian »

You can of course show up when you want and leave when you want. You receive char points based on your time in game though, so you will get shorted that way possibly. But IMO if you have others interested in checking it out, a shortened event is worth having friends with you.
NPC type guy. Go ahead and ask me questions.

I just added "yes" and "maybe" to my vocabulary.
Schwarzwald

Post by Schwarzwald »

Thanks Bastian. It looks like Saturday it is.

Also, can a new player play as Valken'Vi? My girlfrriend is interested but in the part where it says newbies can choose a race, it is missing from the list.
Clovis Ballard
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

Most definitely. Any of the races listed in the book are free game.
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

Yep, just remember each races Elemantal Access will determine how easy a chosen skill is for them.
For instance Dwarves make lousy Mages, and Orcs make lousy thieves.

It can be done, but it sure aint natural. ;)
Schwarzwald

Post by Schwarzwald »

Well, we really dropped the ball on this one. My girlfriend and I spent most of the week making garb and I threw together a few small weapons. One of our friends came over and stayed the night and we garbed her up.

Next morning, we get up after accidently oversleeping a bit, get everything around, get on the road. We drive and drive in this crappy truck I'm borrowing that leaks gas if you fill it more than 1/4 full. We get into Michigan and BAM! get stuck for over half an hour behind a car accident. We spend another 10-15 minutes getting back onto the road going the opposite direction. We notice traffic finally moving so we turn around AGAIN..... and traffic goes back down to a standstill.

All and all we ended up to the point where we wouldn't have ended up being their until 4 or 5, and we were only planning on staying until 10 or so originally. So it was voted that we should go home, get in better spirits, and work hard for the next one.

Sorry guys. I really wanted to go, and my girlfriend was really getting into her garb, and after a simple one and a half hour drive turned into a nightmare that was going to average out to 4 or 5 one way, we called it quits.
:cry:

The bonus is, I was depressed and came home, so we watched How to train your Dragon and it got me thinking of cool garb ideas. I can also use this time to order latex weapons instead of the weird popsicle looking things I made at 4am.

Everything happens for a reason, right?
Maybe fate has determined I should wait until next year since every time I've tried this year failed. Maybe it's also a sign to give my friends months and months of notice so I can lure them out.

Take care!
Clovis Ballard
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

Sucks that you didnt make it, but glad to hear your fiending for the game. ;)

Bastian posted a bunch of links for 'gear' that could help you out in the off season.

We look forward to getting you guys on the field next year though.

Sylas Hay / Todd
Samoan GM