Looking for Teachers
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

SibilVain
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Looking for Teachers

Post by SibilVain »

So, as players under 500 points, we were bombarded with character points, as well, some of us were also bombarded with money. I however really don't want to have to spend all of my money on buying new skills. I was hoping someone would be able to teach me some of the following skills:
Staff –Level 2; Read/Write – Level 2; Alchemy – Levels 2 & 3; Tier 2 Spell Slot – 1 Slot (already had one); Spell Intensity – Level 2; Spell Power – Level 2; Quick Cast – Level 2; Herbalism – Level 2; Animal Ken – Levels 2 & 3; Wilderness Lore – Level 2; Trade (Bar Tender) – Level 1; Mathematics – One Shot; Potions Research – Levels 1 & 2
I am also looking for the spell Toughness II, if anyone has transcribe, that would help, a lot, since tier two spells are expensive.
If I have any skills that other people need me to teach them, I'd be glad to, but I didn't have anything above a level 1 (during the event I had level 3 Healing, but I remade Sibil into a better caster/alchemist as well as a wood elf)
Member of the Cracked Anvil Mercenary Guild
Calmatory

Re: Looking for Teachers

Post by Calmatory »

sorry i cant help with any of it i remade Cal too just b/c i wanted a merit lol
pirateking89
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by pirateking89 »

Feel free to ask in character in the silver rose forum.
The Burgundy Hero
Sixth Tome of House Toevass
Member of the Alchemist's Guild
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

yup feel free to ask, and I am sure we can help you out (in fact Eld will be more than willing to teach you any of the magey type skills during the september downtime). Just contact me via pm or the in game forums. If you want more info on how 'downtimes' work many of us can explain as it's a little confusing at first glance.

Also, I would have to check but I believe for mage spell slots, once you have the first of a particular tier, you can self teach any others for that tier. A Mage Marshall or a GM would have to confirm this however.
Eld - retired
Karn
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

page 217:

Once a Caster has learned Wield Magic, their next step is to purchase their first Tier 1 spell slot. Spell slots are not a skill, yet they still cost character points to purchase. You must obtain a teacher for your first slot at each Tier, but for any other slots in that Tier you do not need a teacher. These other slots after the first in a Tier are also cheaper to purchase.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
SibilVain
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by SibilVain »

Cool, thanks all!
I was also wondering: if I'm rewriting my character anyways, do I get to use the cp from the September event as well or do I only get the origninal 100?
Bastian
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Bastian »

You get the CP from the event plus the original 100. As far as I remember you have always been allowed to rewrite your char after it's first event. Just not after that.
NPC type guy. Go ahead and ask me questions.

I just added "yes" and "maybe" to my vocabulary.
Edrick Stormbane
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by Edrick Stormbane »

Edrick is willing to teach the following skills for free

Alchemy – Levels 2 & 3;
Mathematics – One Shot
Potions Research – Levels 1 & 2
Almer Forni of the Helmspliter Clan
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

i have to find it but if i recall it is until after your first 3 events but the staff are cool if you are new and don't like your pc talk to them and see if something can be worked out.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

Last I knew the policy was you got 1 free rewrite within your first 3 events.
SibilVain
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by SibilVain »

Cool, then I guess I don't need any teachers for this event. Thank you all, you've been a great help!