New player
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Agravaine

New player

Post by Agravaine »

Okay, me and my friend are very new at larp in general and i have created this account on the forums for both of us well we want to join for sure but just need some direction on how to get started and where to sign up at we have actually started to make weapons but currently have no armor is that stuff for sale at Carps or do we have to make it all our selves also when would be the best to maybe just check the whole thing out?
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: New player

Post by Darthesis »

Well now that you have access to our forums, and can read our rulebook on the front page of the website, you can read up.

The options are:

- Read the rules, write up your character, show up at an event and ask for help... EVERYONE will be willing to help.
- Read the rules, ask here for help in creating a character, get help via PM, IM, etc... many will be willing to help.
- Read the rules, get an idea for a character, show up an event and ask for help in creating the character... EVERYONE will willing to help.

No matter what works for you, even if you show up saying 'I just scanned a bit of the rules, how might I be able to play'... people will help you with rules, characters, getting you loaner equipment, etc.. New players are any LARP's lifeblood and we know it. I can't say everything will make sense your first event... I can't say you won't be lost at times... I can't say you won't feel like others are talking in a different language from time to time... but I can say you will likely STILL have fun... and it'll get better every event after that. It's how it worked for me, and I'm guessing most of the people here on this board.

Don't worry about garb and weapons. Anything you have is great, and we can loan you things for the rest.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum