Interested!
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Schwarzwald

Interested!

Post by Schwarzwald »

Hello!

I've been looking around for quite some time for a LARP active in the SE Michigan/NW Ohio area as I am at Bowling Green State University in Ohio. I've just got a quick question for now...
Will there be any November or December get-togethers/events? i didn't see any scheduled, but I would hate to have to wait until 2010 because I'm busy this month.

I've been in and out of several other systems of play over the last 10 years...
Amtgard for several years in my hometown (2001 or so), but that group spoiled it for me.
Dagorhir since 2005, though I've been inactive the last year or so. Plenty of combat, no RP. Probably going to start back up come spring on campus.
Ohio Live Adventure, an off shoot of New York's live adventure. Essentially complete RP, no definite combat rules, full acting out hits. (<---- My favorite system ever, I was sad when I heard they stopped hosting events in Ohio!)
A passing interest in SCA, looking to become active her ein the next few weeks on my campus.

Thanks for your time!
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Interested!

Post by Darthesis »

Schwarzwald,

Although there may be a get together or two over the winter months, we normally don't hold actual events from November through February. We hold 6 full weekend events per year + 2 one day events (new pilot this year, went well)... so we schedule them in the warmer months.

I'll get you access to the full forums so you can roleplay, check out what we're about both in and out of game a bit and see if you're interested come next year.

Glad for your interest and happy to see you next year (or at a party or get together later this year).
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum