Interested in joining....
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Re: Interested in joining....

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*double thumb points to himself*
:wink:
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

The Doug's are legion... :evilbat:
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

I'm a little further away off pontiac trail and beck in Novi but if you have any questions I can try to help you out as well.
Aureck

Post by Aureck »

I'm actually heading up to Novi this evening to meet another guitar player I might be starting a band with....

No further questions just yet, but when I have them I'll be sure to ask.

BTW, which IM service do you guys all use? AIM, YIM, ICQ?
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

ROFL I'm actually taking off for the weekend of all thngs.

I use MSN, Yahoo..I have a few different ways people can reach me actually.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Any of the IM methods at the bottom of my posts work.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

If it makes you feel any better, this will be my third event, along with 2 others. We are bringing someone new to this event also.
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
Aureck

Post by Aureck »

Okay... I have the basic Idea of the character I'd like to play and I'm working on writing up his back story. I also have a basic costume all setup to wear. Should I wait until the event to actually fill out my character sheet with someone present to help me? or should I try to figure out how to do it myself with the rulebook?

I could probably stumble my way through it just looking at the rulebook, but I almost guarantee I'd do something wrong... That's why I was trying to see if there was anyone nearby I could meet up with to get some face to face time and help from...

Also, How feasible would it be for me to find someone to carpool with? We only have one car at the house right now, and it wouldn't be any good for me to take off with it for the whole weekend. I suppose I could just be dropped off at the site... but it's an awful long drive just to be dropped off and picked up... I was thinking if I could find someone to carpool with that lives a little closer it would be alot easier on my family.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Well I can't offer much in the way of rides as I'm in the opposite direction but if you want to writeup the basics of at least which skills you want to start with and a concept, actual doing of the math for the character won't take long at all at the event, and most are willing to help.

Also if you want to take the extra step and write it up completely you can talk to myself or someone else on IM and they can fix anything you need up.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Zion
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Zion »

Noob piggybacking on a pre-existing thread here. :)

I might have read it someplace in the book and forgot, but - how does the lodgings thing work? Are there pre-existing lodgings, or do we bring a tent to the Rec Area? Does it cost anything to plant a tent?

Also, could someone tell me what exactly I need for a "packet bow"? I'm planning to buy a kids' recurve with less than 20-lb pull, but there's no way I'll be able to make arrows in time. Do I just hold the arrowless bow and toss a white packet?
Zion
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Zion »

Apparently I'm dumb - "PCs stay in the Rustic Cabin". I reed gud. [/orc]
Aureck

Post by Aureck »

Well, I guess I'm aiming to make it out for the July game. Between here and there I'll flesh out my character a little more and give completing the character sheet a try and then put it up for someone to look at, and tell me what I did wrong.

My attendance still depends on whether or not I can find some form of transportation. Getting to someone's house for a ride there and back wouldn't be too much trouble, if they live anywhere south and east of the site. It's not that it's too far for me to drive, just that we only have one vehicle and I can't keep it out all weekend. I hope there is SOMEONE who could help me out. I'd really like to give this a try... and I promise, I'm not some kind of serial axe murderer, I'll send you my background check if you're that leary. And I'd be willing to compensate for any inconvenience.
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Zion wrote: Also, could someone tell me what exactly I need for a "packet bow"? I'm planning to buy a kids' recurve with less than 20-lb pull, but there's no way I'll be able to make arrows in time. Do I just hold the arrowless bow and toss a white packet?
Yep, just throw packets while you hold a bow. You can find information on how to create CARPS safe packets somewhere in the rulebook... Pg. 16 in the free, downloadable version.

Also, sorry your post didn't get approved until after the event!