A few questions for GM prior to rewrite
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

A few questions for GM prior to rewrite

Post by JLorenz988 »

I have two questions for you prior to my rewrite.

First, I am wondering if I could take Blessed, where I'd be blessed to find extra money after plots. If this would be allowed, how much would it cost?

Second, I was wondering if I could get a pet eagle, who I would be able to communicate with (through the ability) and have fly ahead of us on plots to search areas before we enter them, not being detected more than any regular bird would be.

Please let me know, thanks :]
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Firstly, the blessed. Simple answer, no... too hard to balance and would get you in trouble with other PC's, who would assume it didn't 'magically appear' and instead you stole it.

Secondly, as for any pet, first get the skills needed to communicate with animals, then work ingame to try to find such a creature and how to train it. Realize that this is a VERY dangerous world and even a bird is not likely to survive long in dangerous areas.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

Fair enough.

I was figuring with the blessed bit that it would be more like I found it by searching better, and by being sneaky not telling anyone (my character is kinda a bastard when it comes to money, lol)

Thank you :]
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

Heh.

You could take a blessed merit that gives you a 2 point soothsay question, once per repop. Then you can simply soothsay "Is that area too dangerous for me to go in?" before you head into an area. No pet required.

As for finding things no one else does... those are skills you can get in game. Learn high levels of search and quick search. You'll find things no one else can find. You can share MOST of it, and pocket the more interesting, or valuable items. No one will suspect a thing as long as you share, and can keep a straight face.

Ah... if only i could use my powers for evil...
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

or they'll eventually learn to strip search you after every cave... :D

Ahh, the good old days playing Jorj
Eld - retired
Karn
JLorenz988
Greenie
Greenie

Post by JLorenz988 »

dier_cire wrote:or they'll eventually learn to strip search you after every cave... :D

LOL. Oh dear
Josh Lorenz
aka Miles Pathstrider
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Never ask a question like "Is that area too dangerous for me to go in?". The answer is too subjective. Once a PC asked me this question, I said 'yes', he went in anyway, and then got mad when he was nearly killed. He figured since I paused to consider before saying 'yes', it wouldn't be that bad. :P
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Sir Llyshon
Knight of the Crown
Knight of the Crown

Post by Sir Llyshon »

Well see... the problem wasn't the subjective nature of the question. The problem was he didn't listen.
Sir Llyshon
Former Knight of the Crown
Currently pushing up daisies

***Player Ombudsman***
Daniel Lockheart

Post by Daniel Lockheart »

Hey i resemble that remark!
And if it is me... that's not quite my question/answer... and I did live proving once and for all divining skills are silly :)
Gentleman Daniel J. Lockheart, Lord of Morborough
Lieutenant in Her Majesties Army - Retired
Keeper of the 4th Tome of ToeVass
Member of the Alchemist Guild of Midway
Paladin of Order
"His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like." The Inquisition vol 137 pg 1 story about Daniel's latest adventures.