Writing my character history and background
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Vaularin

Writing my character history and background

Post by Vaularin »

I am wondering, to what level of detail are we allowed to go. I would love find some where to learn more about the different regions of this world so that I can appropriately make my character from that place. Anywhere with a more Irish or Norwegian culture would be amazing! I am trying to go for a bard/swordsman hybrid as well, any help with that would be amazing.
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Writing my character history and background

Post by GM Evan »

The northern barbarians are based on the Vikings to some extent, that is probably the closest you will get to Norwegian specifically. The Caldonians are based on Scottish/Irish culture. Beyond that you are welcome to create a small area of the existing world in which your family/clan/brood/clutch/etc etc is from and they are based on Norwegian/Irish culture. The key thing being to keep it kind of small.

An Example would be something like: A small village called Mosscreek that is in the agricultural heartland of Silverthorne. <Insert aspects of Irish culture that you wish to incorporate, maybe they have a connection to the fae, or they believe that rainbows lead to pots of gold, or the fae realm.> It is a small tight knit community, but together we do well and stick to our traditions.

Hope that helps!
Vaularin

Re: Writing my character history and background

Post by Vaularin »

It helps immensely, thank you so much. I am so excited to come to the next event!
"I'll drink to good companions and Irish Whiskey neat, I'll drink to wives and lovers and I hope they'll never meet, I'll drink to rouges like us may good fortune on us fall, and when the toast comes round I'll drink to anything at all" ~ Irish Rovers