Newbie with no idea what is going on...but is excited to try
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

talls

Newbie with no idea what is going on...but is excited to try

Post by talls »

Hi! I am new and am looking forward to coming to the August event this year. My time off got approved and as I was jumping around in my excitement, I realized I have no idea what I am doing or what is in store for me! So, if people don't mind, I have a few questions. The first one being...where is the event at? I see something about Brighton so I am assuming it is there, but I want to double check just in case.

Second question to my long list of wonderings is, how is the best way to make a character. I have a general idea of what I would like to do (probably a bard so I have an excuse to sing all the time...because I do that anyways) and are there people to assist in character creation? This along with...are there weapons we can borrow if this is our very first event? I may be coming with friends and they also asked the same questions.

Thank you in advance! :)
Gekek
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Re: Newbie with no idea what is going on...but is excited to

Post by Gekek »

The event is at Camp Talahi, 6458 Richardson Rd, Howell, Michigan 48843. Really close to Brighton, MI. Many of us drive through Brighton to get there.

We have people who have volunteered to help new players with just about everything. We are called New Player Marshals. The list includes Matt Keesler, Keith West, Matt Cooper and myself. Any of us can help at game, some of us are set up and able to help before hand. In my case you can private message me, email me or face book message me. Just let me know which and I will provide information. As to more specific questions. The book has a nice chapter on making very simple pvc/duct tape weapons. We do also have some common loaner weapons for people to use.

Let us know what other questions you have and welcome to CARPS!
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
midwinterdreams
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by midwinterdreams »

Depending on weapon choices, players or staff may have some loaner weapons for your first game.
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
talls

Post by talls »

That is all super helpful thank you! I know one friend expressed an interest in using a bow (so I know we will need to make packets for her) and I would love to use a spear. I had trouble understanding in the rules how to go about making those (not the packets but the spear) and I was just curious if there were loaner weapons just for our first game, just to see how things are done/made/if this would be the right weapon for us.
Gekek

Post by Gekek »

We have one spear of okay quality for sure. We'll also have people you can discuss making weapons with as well.
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
talls

Post by talls »

Thank you so much!
Daisy221

Post by Daisy221 »

Hello there! I am Daisy from UK, and newbie member here :)