in-game theft
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Bipeo
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

in-game theft

Post by Bipeo »

So reading the rules, my understanding is that every item in the play area not specifically labeled with an OOG tag is an in-game item and can be stolen by an in-game thief.
Items successfully stolen must either be returned to their OOG owner, or to the NPC camp, but in either case, the thief gets that item's tag (unless it's money or gems) and the previous owner loses that item's tag.

Is that all correct?
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: in-game theft

Post by GM Evan »

You got it!

-Evan
Bipeo
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Bipeo »

cool, one more question though:

Which areas count as in-game?
Tavern?
Mod areas?
Tent Area?
Bunks?

My assumption is that sleeping areas are default out of game, but the rules in the Hideout section of Urban Knowledge seem to suggest that sleeping areas are *normally* in-game, but having hideout makes yours out of game.

Not that I plan to roll a thief or anything, I'm definitely just asking for a friend. Feel free to leave your coin unattended.
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

All of the areas you listed are considered in game. However if you wish to in game steal from the sleeping area/tents you must have a marshal with you out of game.

P.s. just a suggestion from the gm. Take a look at the soothsaying skill, it is a thiefs worst enemy. Stealing from other players will probably get your character killed within a couple games. Most of the in game "thieves" (rogues as we call them), focus on breaking into enemy locations and working with a team to adventure.
Bipeo
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Bipeo »

I'm not planning a spree or anything.
I plan to legally sell my skills as a shadow.

Finding people, things, and information for a price.

I just think that it's really important to know the in-game theft rules since I'm going to have the skillset in front of me and might decide to use it.