Questions
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Ded

Questions

Post by Ded »

So I had a couple more questions about the larp...

1) Is expanding foam allowed for weapons? If not what is the best foam to use?

2) What type of furs/clothes do Jungle barbarians wear? And what symbol would be for the totem Lions Pride?
Ded: "Stare into my bottomless eyes and tell me. Is this the truth? [...] Let's be honest I would never say that I'm such a milk drinker." XD
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Questions

Post by GM Evan »

I am not familiar with expanding foam. I think the answer is that it is not allowed, but I will defer to my weapon marshal/crafters on that one.

We dont currently have any jungle barbarians in game but they are designed/modeled after the Aztec & Mayan cultures of south america. Think about what types of animals you would find in the jungle and use that as a guideline.

As a jungle barbarian you probably wouldnt be lion tribe (since lions dont exist in the jungles) but you could modify the cat type and keep the power the same. So maybe Tiger or Jaguar tribe and then either go with a large cat print, or a stencil of a the cats head, or if you were tiger maybe some tiger stripes.

Hopefully that is enough of an answer to get you pointed in the right direction.

-GM Evan
midwinterdreams
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by midwinterdreams »

Some of the expanding foam should be fine but that would only be the Polymer expanding foam like you see in the more expensive foam injected weapons. The normal expanding foam from home Depot and such is not. As for normal foam L200, mini cell, crossing polyethylene, or EVA. These are all the same name, you can also get the puzzle mat flooring from Walmart or harbor freight these are also good but they have a texture on one side that needs to be removed.
Raedir Haedren aka "Treeman"
- Healer/Mage/Ga'Vin
Ded

Post by Ded »

Thanks for the foam help! One more question, Jungle barbarians and the Mayan/Inca culture.. Does this mean I must wear bright colors? Looking up pictures they wear a variety of bright colors... Do I have to wear bright colors, or can I just go for more neutral colors?
Ded: "Stare into my bottomless eyes and tell me. Is this the truth? [...] Let's be honest I would never say that I'm such a milk drinker." XD
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

You can do whatever you feel is appropriate for your character as long as it meets the requirement listed for the race.

(So no, you dont have to wear bright colors).