Intros, Dranks, and Thangs
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Magnus Faraday
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Intros, Dranks, and Thangs

Post by Magnus Faraday »

Good day, CARP people!

I am "Magnus Faraday", un-renowned Alchemist, Inventionist, and provocateur. It appears I am tardy to the party, but I really look forward to future events of 2016.

My only question would be, does this group dabble in RP or is this mostly a hack n slash affair??
If you've got to take it - take it easy. Never hurry to a date - eat your supper, let 'em wait.
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Re: Intros, Dranks, and Thangs

Post by Hawke »

We do more than dabble in RP.

On a spectrum from Dagorhir (less RP, more full contact combat) to OWBN (all combat via rock-paper-scissors), we're decidedly middling. We're a light touch LARP with a pretty solid mix of combat and RP.

For example, Olaf and Crunch pretty much hang around to smash things.... On the other hand, I'm the bartender, and I have averaged less than 1 combat plot per month this year. I mostly hang around the bar selling alcohol, and being mildly irritating.
Magnus Faraday
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Magnus Faraday »

Cool beans.

So when does the next adventure take off and how do I get on that flight?

I am slightly disturbed by your choice of smilies......
:eating:
If you've got to take it - take it easy. Never hurry to a date - eat your supper, let 'em wait.
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

The next event is an RP-only 1-day event in January. The next full event will be April 2016. It's hard to find space to do events in Winter, so we only have full events April-October (though we're always watching for good winter event locations, so we can go year round).

You're welcome to come to the January event. I highly recommend contacting Keith (forum name: Edrial), Mike B. (Gekek), or Matt C. (Aldrin) to help you make a character in advance. They are our New Player Marshals.

Once you have that figured out, you can send your character to 'carps.characters@gmail.com' and we'll get you entered into the database. Once you're in the DB, we maintain your character sheet for you, and you just email us with updates.

(Also, for the record, actual alcohol is prohibited, I sell soda for in-game money and call it alcohol)
Magnus Faraday
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Magnus Faraday »

I actually have a character in mind - after reading through ya'alls "Player Handbook".

My goodness, April 2016 :(

Would a state park not be enough space? There are so many around the area, seems like year long events would be possible.
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Hawke »

We can't rent out a state park, and we don't want civilians wandering around in the middle of the game.

Safety and Immersion are both problematic because of that.

Here's the post about camp requirements.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43125
Clonk
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Clonk »

Magnus Faraday wrote: :eating:
*sees spirit nomming, sits down and noms with spirit*

(My character sees spirits. I had to.)
Clonk
Town Guard
Black Hand Tribe
Second of Charities & Healers Guild in Midway
Clonk
House Jakoric
House Jakoric

Post by Clonk »

Seriously though, welcome to CARPS! Keep your eyes peeled for unofficial hangouts and get-togethers posted here or on the Facebook group (if you do FriendFace).
Clonk
Town Guard
Black Hand Tribe
Second of Charities & Healers Guild in Midway
Magnus Faraday
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Magnus Faraday »

"Unfortunately" I don't do the Book of Faces. However, I will most certainly keep my eyes peeled for any information you guys/gals throw my way.

At the moment, I'm kicking myself that I didn't find out about CARPS 6 months ago. It shall be a long dreary winter. :puppydogeyes:
Anya
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Anya »

We do have an out of gaming gathering coming up the Saturday after Thanksgiving if you are inclined to come and meet us OOG :) CARPSgiving is hosted at one of our member's homes in the Lansing area. We can get you more detailed information if you like.

And WELCOME!!
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver