Question about plots?
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Caltor

Question about plots?

Post by Caltor »

I saw in the rulebook that players have the opportunity to write plots. I have a couple questions about it!

1) Is there a specific writing format that is preferred when writing plots?

2) Is there a minimum/maximum length that the plots have to be written to? I have some ideas that would make for quick adventures and others that would take some time to complete.

3) Where do I turn my plot ideas in at? Do I give them to npc camp at an event or send them in via email?

I've only been to a few events but I've had a great time at each one. Hopefully I'll see some of you tomorrow!
Wrexton
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Re: Question about plots?

Post by Wrexton »

I'm a newer player, but I've written a couple plots and would be glad to help how I can.

1) I've seen a couple different formats, so I don't think there's strictly one way. I use an altered version of the Plot Submission Form on the website. If you like, I can send you one of the plots the GMs used in a previous event if you want an example.

2) I believe that any length of plot is welcome as NPC Camp/GMs will adapt or edit.

3) Been sending mine to carpsgame@gmail.com and no one has shown up at my door with a baseball bat, so I guess it's okay.

I'm still learning how to properly stat the creatures and NPCs and the GM staff has been extremely helpful and patient.

It's a lot of fun seeing PCs getting hooked by a plot you've written. The one thing I haven't liked is dodging my own hooks when I see them coming in, but that's a minor price to pay.

Hope this helped.
Last edited by Wrexton on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Gekek
The Thanedom's Taste Tester
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by Gekek »

If you click the C.A.R.P.S. icon at the top right of the forums it will take you to the main CARPS page. Once there you click the shield in the middle that is labeled as talking to carps, I think, and it will take you to page that lists different things such as evaluations or plot submissions. You do t have to submit plots through that but it will give you an idea on the information the staff is looking for.
As for your points
1. See above
2. The minimum length is enough information for them to understand and run the plot and maximum is whatever you feel is need to communicate your plot without unnecessary information. Basically depending on the plot it might be a short write up or it could be multiple pages.
3. Wrexton linked the best email to send your plot to.
Gekek Farwalker,
Lion Tribe Warrior, First Warden of Lion's Pride Peak
Scout, Member of The Keepers
Head of House Toevass in the Campbell Thanedom, Keeper of the Fifth Tome
Slayer of Vath, Guardian of Phantara

Mike, Assistant GM, Logistics team Player Marshal, Magic Marshal, and Rules Team
Caltor

Post by Caltor »

Thanks for the help guys!