Between Events?
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Wrexton
Drinking Contest Contender

Between Events?

Post by Wrexton »

Being new to LARP in general, and CARPS specifically, I'm curious as to what activities are available between events. I fully expect to make it in August, but there has been no movement for my character since his creation. Is this typical for new players and characters?
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Anya

Re: Between Events?

Post by Anya »

Yes and no. For some, they are very proactive between events and do RP here on the forums and via PMs. Some simply have things that they want to accomplish in the "downtime" between events and email the GMs directly about it so they can find out the results of what they were doing. Others are busy being mentored or teaching skills to other people.

What would your character like to do between events? Was he wanting to learn something specific?
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

Continue his studies in alchemy and biology, engage (badly) in some commerce so he can fund those studies without having to get permission from the family accountant, gather materials for his experiments by either getting them himself or hiring others who are more brave (or broke) than cautious to gather the dangerous ones, and finding more samples of undead to study and document.

Those are the first few that come to mind. Having only been to the May event, and then for only a few hours on Saturday, I don't have any Character Points to spend on anything.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Anya

Post by Anya »

Sounds like a good start to me!

I would drop that into an email to: gm@carpsgame.com

Usually I subject mine with "Downtime for <character name>"

Sometimes it will give a GMs a plot idea aimed at you, and allow them to see what interests PCs have so they know what to send in game. You won't always get a response back from them, but they will read the email and do the mental filing of it.
~Anya Stanslinski
Baker and Spellweaver
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

Thank you, Anya. As you suggested, I dropped that last message into an e-mail and sent it to the GM address.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member