Okay, so...
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Wrexton
Drinking Contest Contender

Okay, so...

Post by Wrexton »

...new player (hopefully) here and, given how Murphy's Law of Computing is always in full force with me, I'm hoping that even with such short notice that I can attend the event that starts...well...tonight. I do have a couple hurdles, though. If these prevent me from being able to attend, I understand.

1) I have no costuming or gear to bring with me.

2) I haven't had the time to go much beyond a character concept. I've been reading the rules as time allows, but I have nothing on paper as of this post.

3) I might not be able to get away tonight, but is it okay to show up tomorrow? I'm the type who likes to observe a game before playing.

If none of those present an insurmountable problem, I'm looking forward to seeing the game in action and meeting you.

Oh, and one more question: What's the gnome population like?

Thank you.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Maxine Gordon

Re: Okay, so...

Post by Maxine Gordon »

Show up whenever you can wearing clothes with as little modern markings as possible. We'll take care of you and you'll have fun.
Formally Maka the Orc (Maka done got dead)
Now Jane the Alchemist
GM Evan
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by GM Evan »

Costuming/Gear. Shouldnt be an issue. Bring a pair of sweatpants, a set of hiking boots (if you have them) and a belt. We can lend you anything else you may need.

Character - We have new player marshalls at each event who exists for the sole purpose of helping you get that character concept on paper.

Arrival - if you can make it out tonight Great! You will get to see some cool stuff and have a chance to check out the game if you prefer to observe for a bit before playing. If you cant make it out till tomorrow that is fine as well. We will have people available to help you out with anything you need to get started no matter when you show up (no promises about 4am, but someone will probably still be up and around if you need help and feel the desire to arrive that early/late)

Race Population - the population of any given race tends to vary from event to event. I know we have a group of gnomes coming into game this weekend, which will boost their numbers from 1-2 up to around 5-7 but those same players may not play those characters next event. I suggest playing whichever race seems the most fun to you and not worrying too much about populations.

If you have any other questions please let us know. We look forward to seeing you this weekend!

-E
Wrexton

Post by Wrexton »

Oh, I'm definitely playing a gnome, that was never a question for me. I was more wondering how many others I might see on average. I read that they're not as tightly knit as the other races, but it's good to know I, most likely, would not be the only one.
Mages Guild- Archon
Tinkers Guild - Member
Smithing Guild - Member
Charities and Healers Guild - Member
Scribes and Booksellers Guild - Member

"I'll be happy to bind your wounds and heal your injuries, but first a few questions for purposes of research and academic necessity."

"You either die being a true gnome...or live long enough that everyone considers your antics evil!"
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

You have timmin, ziggy, and maybe a few others that have them. But around 2 to 3 has been the normal standing for gnomes.
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway