Another Oldie (Hopefully not too Goodie!) waiting 4 appoval
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Seadhli

Another Oldie (Hopefully not too Goodie!) waiting 4 appoval

Post by Seadhli »

Hi! I played CARPs way back in the VERY late 90s and I think 2000. Actually my whole family played, my two youngest sisters couldn't be on site w/o my parents and while they carried swords, weren't allowed to fight anyone but each other, they and my mom ran were the NPC Innkeepers (Mel, Rivi, and Gail), my dad was a PC (I think he was half or 3/4 elf), Misha, my other sister was a few different PCs and I had a PC for a few events (Miriam the cow-tipping human in the Cow cloak) before falling in love with NPCing. :D We got into CARPs through my cousins Matt (I don't know that I ever knew his PC name...) and Christen (Shard).
I was curious to see if it was still around (and pleasantly surprised and pleased!). This is pretty cool. Nowadays, I play in the SCA, but I'm not overly interested in rattan-induced bruises and I am kind of missing the fighting aspect of CARPS. SCA only uses boffer with kids and they have to be fully armored! And I don't think fencing is for me...
Anyway...is there anyone who remembers me (or at least the fam)?
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Well I not only remember the 'family' but also yourself as well Miriam. The cow cloak did help you stand out a bit. In fact I remember even writing a plot with lots of cows specifically for you JUST before you stopped coming.

We're still doing well, and although we spent some years at other locations because of cabin issues at Brighton, Brighton got better and we came back last year. Feel free to stop by and check it out sometime this year to play or NPC.

This is Doug aka. NPC / Terrance / Grogg as you'd remember my characters.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum