Introducing myself
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

queenbritannica

Introducing myself

Post by queenbritannica »

Hello!

Well, I like long walks on the beach and...just kidding. : )

Anyway, I am brand new to CARPS as well as larping, and really any other form of role playing (shame on me, I know), but am quite excited to be attending the September event and hopefully the October event as well. I'll be attending MSU this fall so getting over to Brighton on the weekends should be fairly easy.

Seeing that I'm completely new to any of this, I'm really just looking for any tips, tricks, or general warnings that might be helpful to making my first time experience a little easier for everyone....I don't want a big sign flashing "NOOB!" over my head. -laughs-

I've already got my character story mostly fleshed out (Sorceress, selkie trapped in human form and thus following "human rules"), and have been sparring a little, so hopefully I won't disappoint. I also am an avid Renaissance Faire attendant and theater geek, so costuming and acting should be easy!

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their summer and I hope to see everyone in September!

Once again, any sort of helpful hint you could give me would be, well, helpful!

-Brit
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Post by halfelfman »

hello, I'm new to this group also just started in March.

Well the only help I can suggest is read over the rules, create an idea, and have a bunch of fun. Don't forget you get a free re-write and starting pts is 100 not the 45 in the book.

Oh yeah bring comfortable shoes, boots, covering for your feet but I would suggest to stay away from sandles ..

oooh yeah this group i think should have a dislaimer- Wierd odd humor may occur at any moment besides the strange fondness to bacon and cornbread that may be found.

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
Sylas Hay
The Thane
The Thane

Post by Sylas Hay »

Everything he said is true.. especially the part about the bacon.

If you have any 'specific' rules concerns Im sure youll find no shortage of people willing to help. If its something you dont mind being public knowledge then here (or in the 'rules questions' forum) is as good a place as any. If however you want to keep a little mystery then feel free to say so and we can have one of our resident experts contact you privetly.

In any case, welcome aboard. :wink:
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Hi and welcome! I've approved you to post in the other forums, so if you don't see any more then just this one now, let me know!
X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by X-GM Fesko »

Make sure to have a pillow, sleeping bag or blankets, flashlight (no electricity in the cabins), food, and plenty of liquids. It can get very hot during the day, very cold at night, and the game won't pause long for rain - so be prepared for all weather conditions.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

And welcome.

Any and all rules questions can be answered here, via IM (my contacts below), or at the game. The key is to show up with a 'concept' ready to roleplay and have fun. We love to stay in character but no one will be upset if you break character for a joke, a laugh, or a rules question during the event. We pride ourselves on having a wide variety of people, from ages 14-50+, male, female, and with all levels of combat skill, larp experience, and roleplaying styles.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

One tip I give to anyone playing a mage and yes the sorceress will count.

If you are going to be a mage I highly recommend you register with the Guild of Mages. It's basically the law of the land for if you do not you'd be considered a rogue mage and casting in the Kingdom of Silverthorn would be considered illegal and an act of treason.

At that point you'd have my character after you since I play the resident Mage Hunter. Mage Hunters basically hunt and terminate rogue mages and necromancers.

:D
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

PSHAW!!! Just show up in town not as part of the guild. It's much more fun that way. :D
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

Well for ME it's fun

*evil grin*