Newbie Question !
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

jacquieb

Newbie Question !

Post by jacquieb »

Hi, my name is Jacquie! I am very interested in joining the fun! I have so many questions..my first two are about creating a character base and storyline for for my entire *family* ( My husband and I, Mother and 4 children ). Not sure if this is possible and really need to know if I can create a race or if we need to fit into one.. can anyone help me get started please? :)

Jacquie
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Yep, lots of questions. If you have MSN or Yahoo just click the links at the bottom of this post to get my IM handle and that's probably the best way to talk it all through.

As for coming up with a storyline / background for your characters we can certainly work that out. As for getting you read for the event, we can certainly work that out. As for races, I'd stick with the some of the races we already have to start, it takes a lot of work on our hand to design and fit into our world a new race and therefore we keep this as a 'reward' for long time players. Although with our open-ended skills system, no race truly holds you back in designing a concept that works for you.

If you'd rather talk it through on the forums, we can do that but it'll be much slower. If PM me, IM me, or email me we can even talk on the phone if you'd like. I'm giving you normal access to post on the rest of the forums now as well.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
jacquieb

Post by jacquieb »

Thanks! What is the best time for you to chat on yahoo?
We are leaning towards the dwarf race... would there be room for us in this race? Are children allowed?
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

The best time to catch me is the evenings, or Tuesday/Wednesday during the day this week.

As for children, it depends on their age and our talking. Our general rule is no one under 18. This is for legal as well as reasons of just making sure everyone fits in and doesn't feel like they have to watch what they say.

We've found some 16-17 year olds that have managed to be mature enough to fit in with us just fine and contribute to the game. Those younger we require their parents be there and stay with them, but even then we need to make sure the parents understand what the full situation is and we want to make sure it isn't uncomfortable for the rest of the players or the children.

So we'll talk about this when we talk on IM.

Yahoo is dougjs@ameritech.net
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

Can someone give this swanky, swarthy, swindler posting access. :wink:
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Done! For the most noble of unheard from merchants.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
WayneO42
Greenie
Greenie

Post by WayneO42 »

Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
I dont think he really exists
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild