Pending Aproval
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Pending Aproval

Post by Dimaethor »

HI, I'm pending approval my friend ChickenDeNoodleyNoodleIII referred me. I was looking to join your larp because I love to larp , I'm a big nerd lol. I also play dnd and multiple other role playing games. I am under sixteen but i can be mature ,If thats why you have the age limit for, and I know I need to have something signed if you do say ok.
Last edited by Dimaethor on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChickenDeNoodleyNoodleIII
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by ChickenDeNoodleyNoodleIII »

... Roger, that's ChickenDeNoodleyNoodleIII, not "Chickendenodiliisoup" as you so put it.

lolz
-Ted
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

We'll certainly give you forum permissions to post and talk to people and we'll talk offline about the age limit. It does cause us legal hiccups but we've made exceptions in the past for mature enough people with signed forms from their parents or legal guardians.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

Of course, I understand, thank you.
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

Well I was waiting for ChickenDeNoodleyNoodleIII to tell me more about what i was supposed to do about joining. I'm still very interested in joining, you seem like a mature group of gamers, who actually role play how nice that would be, as of now I'm pretty sure the group ChickenDeNoodleyNoodleIII and I were in has been abandoned. And as an as an if I needed more of a reason to join it sounds like more of the people I know have joined. But I'm just waiting to be told what I need to do to join, because as I mentioned I am still very interested in joining. But to reintroduce my self.
My name is Roger Taylor, I am 16, I am from Kentwood(Around Grand Rapids), I have LARPed for a couple of years, I am currently In a DnD group based out off my school and when I am not playing DnD I am either playing Everquest II or playing Battlefield 2 on my Computer, In the winter and part of spring and fall I play Hockey.

-Thanks Roger
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Hit me up on IM and we'll talk but you have full access to the forums now to browse and look around. As long as we can get a waiver signed, you seem mature enough and there are no issues from parental units, then all should be well.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

Cool, looking forward to my first LARP with you guys. But first about the forms that need to be signed, my parents will be fine. About the IMing I will be checking Yahoo, the only one I have, untill we can talk about the forms and how I'll be getting them. If you have a preffered time ill try to be on the forums offten so post a time, however I wont be on the computer much today so try to make it somtime tommorow or later.

-Thanks Roger
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Today is a bad day but mid day tomorrow is good for me, just let me know what time between say 11AM - 3PM. My yahoo is at the bottom of every post.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

If I'm on today it will be around 2-3 PM, and maybe later.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I'll be around about that time if you are, if not some day soon. Wednesday all day I'll be online.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
adamz2010

Er, begging your pardon...

Post by adamz2010 »

I'm in quite the same boat as Ksher was...

My cousin (chickendenoodleysoup 3 [lol, a good one]) referred me to CARPS when I expressed interest in attending my second LARP event. I'm under eighteen by a year, one month, a day and seven hours (yes, i count) but I honestly believe that I can handle myself with a poise amd ettiquette rivaling that of my elders. ( I'm going to sound pathetic, but here it comes...) My mom would surely assent to sign a legal waiver. I agree that it is a necessary and beneficial step to ensure mutual satisfaction, and am pleased that you have such a measure in place. I was a mite concerned at the lack of such things in the last LARP program...

Er, I don't mean to cause an undue hastle, and I hope my cousin wasn't abusing any trust in referring me to you all? If so, I apologize on behalf of us both...
Come, dance with me, or sing whilst I dance, or e'en vice versa, for turn and turn about is fair play.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Contact me on MSN or Yahoo (links below my post) and we'll talk. We just want to make sure you are mature enough to handle our game and that your parents are good with that as well.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
adamz2010

Post by adamz2010 »

all right, no probble!! per'raps on the morrow? I'm good for around 5:00, or I'll be online at noon, but definately msn. I added you, about a minute ago..
Come, dance with me, or sing whilst I dance, or e'en vice versa, for turn and turn about is fair play.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I can probaby be online then, I FINALLY got power back after being without it since Sunday so my online times will be a bit more regular.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
adamz2010

Post by adamz2010 »

yes, the storms hit us pretty hard too... just electrical issues, no wind damage though :)