New Player
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Telsh7

Post by Telsh7 »

Hi! I'm new. I think I'm supposed to get approval, but the forum says I CAN post new topics, etc. Is that right?

Also, I'm looking to LARP this year, but I have a few questions. 1) How much is it to play? I'm sure this info is available somewhere; just haven't found it yet. 2) When are the events, and how many will there be this year? 3) I have a plethora of boffer weapons that I love. They were designed using KaNaR specs. Some are PVC, some are CPVC. My favorite is a katana, made from 1" PVC. I've been using it for years, it's proven very durable (at least, the way I play), and I would like to incorporate it into a CARPS character. But if it's PVC, will I be required to scrap it and make a new one out of CPVC?
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Hello, I just split this into it's own topic so I wouldn't lose it.

You can post in THIS forum now, but you need access to post to the rest of the forums. Access that I just gave you.

To answer your questions.

1) Cost to play is free for your first event, after that they're $25-30 depending on the year and how our finances are going, we are not here to make a profit, just cover costs.

2) Just click on the main page:

http://www.carpsgame.com

It has the event dates, we are having six events this year.

3) We use the same boffer creation rules as Kanar in general, but any weapon that's been around for many years is usually in need of repair. We have safety marshals who will look it over to and then hit you with it, and then hit themselves with it and especially check the tip and pommel. If it hits too hard, you can touch any pipe near hte tip or pommel by pushing, or it' s degraded too far, and it will be disallowed. All PVC vs. CPVC isn't a big issue as long as it has enough foam and padding.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Telsh7

Post by Telsh7 »

Cakewalk. It's in excellent condition and uses 1" insulation. Frankly, I'd be honored to be hit with it- again, and again, and again...

I'm sure I'll have other questions...
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

That's what we're here for.

Feel free to ask any rules questions in the rules discussion forum so everyone can learn from it, and any general game questions can be asked here, but we'll answer it wherever it ends up.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum