New Character Idea
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Shighguard1
Pinky
Pinky

New Character Idea

Post by Shighguard1 »

So i have decided that I want to play a Dwarf Warrior, the only problem is that i cannot grow decent facial hair and i wont wear a fake beard cuz they are itchy as all crap so I have come up with this Backstory:

Gorek Ironbreaker was a member of a dwarven raiding party trying to rid their mountain home of an Orc incursion. He and several other dwarves ambushed a large group of Orcs. Sadly the ambush failed and all but Gorek were killed. Gorek was taken prisoner and endured 7 and a half days of horrid torture by the hands of the Orcs until he finally revealed the location of the Dwarves home. By this point he was starving, dehydrated, beaten, bleeding and worst all his beard and hair had been ripped out. He hoped at this point the Orcs would finally end his life, but worst still they set him free. Now homeless, beardless and broken he has wandered the world seeking to work out his revenge against any Orc he finds.

That is what I have so far
Gorek
Hawke
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Re: New Character Idea

Post by Hawke »

I don't see why you couldn't do that, but I'd be careful just how rabid your hate is for all Orcs, as they are a PC race.
Not speaking to them, not going on a mission/quest/adventure with one, etc. is good fun role-playing... attacking all Orcs on sight is likely to get you killed.
Shighguard1
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Shighguard1 »

that is true which is why since he will be new in town he will respect the 'laws' of the town and not kill any PC orcs on sight, though he might threaten them and call them a stinking son of a trog
Gorek
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

okay folks here is where I point out one large flaw in your plan. trust me I love playing a dwarf. I played grimm for a long ass time. But as per the rules out of the book which I copied here. You can not take a hatred of a pc race. I know because a handful of us caused them to change one race and make this into the current ruling. Thou staff has the right to change this rule back, an it a lot of times does not apply to dark elves. since we do not have a single dark elf pc for a great while now.

Form the book...

Your character has an extreme hatred of another race. He or she will harm anyone from this race any time they are encountered, no exceptions! You can not choose a hatred of a PC race.
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
Dimaethor
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Dimaethor »

Gunnar Haymish wrote:okay folks here is where I point out one large flaw in your plan. trust me I love playing a dwarf. I played grimm for a long ass time. But as per the rules out of the book which I copied here. You can not take a hatred of a pc race. I know because a handful of us caused them to change one race and make this into the current ruling. Thou staff has the right to change this rule back, an it a lot of times does not apply to dark elves. since we do not have a single dark elf pc for a great while now.

Form the book...

Your character has an extreme hatred of another race. He or she will harm anyone from this race any time they are encountered, no exceptions! You can not choose a hatred of a PC race.
I don't think he meant hatred in the flaw form as much as just a role playing point, although if I'm wrong I quite agree, the rules a clear an orc is and orc, PC or otherwise, which is why you cant take hatred of a PC race.
-- Dimaethor Gul'Vagor
Shighguard1
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Shighguard1 »

hmm that does pose a problem well perhaps i could just roleplay a bit of animosity towards PC Orcs rather than take the Hatred flaw or i could switch it to a non PC race if that is easier though someone might have to give me a suggestion
Gorek
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

if you wish to keep the flaw change it out for a non pc race. Maybe have it against trolls, or maybe ogres which are not a normal pc race. they can be just a ruthless as orc when it comes to playing with their food so to speak.
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway
NPC Ken
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC Ken »

Dark elves would be a good choice since they are cave dwellers, and everyone hates the bastards anyway.

Also, be aware that a beardless dwarf is going to be treated like crap by other dwarves.
Shighguard1
Pinky
Pinky

Post by Shighguard1 »

I am aware of that hence Goreks leave his home in the first place.

So after thinking it over i have decided that Gorek and his clan dwell near some orcs, while neither race is sure who was their first they both claim owner ship of certain parts of the mountain which has led to various border skirmishes and small fights. While their has never been out right war they dont necessarily care for each other. One day the Orcs decided they were tried of fighting with the dwarves over one particular piece of land and 'hired' some Ogres to kill the dwarves guarding that area. The Dwarves saw the Ogres moving up the mountain and sent a patrol to ambush the Ogres. Unfortunately the ambush failed and almost all the dwarves will killed save Gorek and one other who ran for help. The few remaining Ogres then decided Gorek would make a fine meal but they would have to tenderize him first since dwarves are notoriously tough. So they beat him with rocks branches and their fists til they thought he was plenty tender. Then since they didnt want hair in their food they ripped out his beard and hair. At that point they began to argue over how best to cook the poor half dead dwarf which is when helped arrived and finished off the rest of the Ogres. Gorek spent several weeks recovering whilst the dwarves argued with the Orcs over the matter of the Ogres.

Of course the Orcs said they had nothing to do with the Ogres being there and since the dwarves couldnt prove it things remained the same between the rivals. Once Gorek was better he tried to go back to his life only to receive scorn and sometimes pity from fellow dwarves. His already shattered pride could only take so much so one day he packed his things and headed off on his own.

Therefore I can dislike Orcs and put my hatred flaw on Ogres instead
Gorek