New Player questions
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

nailrules
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

New Player questions

Post by nailrules »

1. I am planning on attending the Nov. 17 event but what time does it start and end?

2. I'm assuming that you need to learn the potion formulas for cure disease and toxin for each separate level? So if i bought and mastered the anti toxin level 1, i cant use that formula to create a level 5 anti toxin even thought the complexity level to production point ratio is a static increase? The same goes for mist/earth armor.

3. Any tips on creating a garb? Do people create there own outfits there selves or buy one? Or a little of both?
Kestrel
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Re: New Player questions

Post by Kestrel »

1. Game on is about 8 on Friday and Sunday morning is spent packing and cleaning up

2. I am no help with this one

3. People have some really neat outfits that they have made themselves but it's not required. I'm new to this as well and my costume is all stuff I already had around.
Wood Elfling
Kenric Sayne
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Kenric Sayne »

1. The November event is a one day, so game on will be Saturday morning and the game will conclude Saturday night.

2. From my understanding once you have the formula you can make the potion as high as you have production points and complexity for.

3. If you have a hard time finding garb, scrub pants make great bottoms and a plain colored top will be fine for someone putting something together quickly.
Kenric Sayne
Ex-Magistrate and Former Head of House DeVris, Midway
nailrules
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by nailrules »

Thank you, i am going to assume 8am saturday morning then unless otherwise informed.
Quinn, Novice at life.
Gunnar Haymish
Inn Regular
Inn Regular

Post by Gunnar Haymish »

Normally a one day starts around 9 am with check in an game on around 10 am.

Now as for potion it is 5 Pemb per production point to master them at character creation. You can than make only potion you have mastered per the rules. So some potion are fairly easy to make. While others are a beast to make. Just like any other crafting skill you need to print out tags, an a production log plus have the coin (if your herbalism and alchemy do not balance out to make it have no cost. Otherwise it is 2 Pemb per point to make said potion.) If you start a potion and do not have the full points to finish it off, you wait till next repop and see if you got the points to finish it up. Something take a while to craft so it maybe game or two to craft. I know that it can take upwards of 3 games for a smith to craft a top of the line item. An if you really wish to understand alchemy ask Jason, Aaron, or Dougthesis they should be able to help you out with it better than myself. But I will try and help with any question.
Member of the House Jakoric
Member of the Argent of the Falcon Mercenary Guild of Midway