Is that a Huge sword or are you just happy to see me?
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

Vah'shal'rul
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Is that a Huge sword or are you just happy to see me?

Post by Vah'shal'rul »

So after a lot of thinking and talking to a few player about this i would like to get a Final ruling on this.

While I am enjoying my first character in carp and i am really fair away from starting a new one i would like to get see if this kinda weapon would "fly" in the game.

http://ootman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d345gcw

now i have every plane to make it in the weapon construction rules and will make it carps safe i just want to know if there anything that would keep me from using this kind of weapon?

thank
Feet to the ground eyes to the sky.
halfelfman
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

Re: Is that a Huge sword or are you just happy to see me?

Post by halfelfman »

Would be a Two handed sword
50-79 inches use 1 inch pvc as a core does a base of 4 damage. 79 inches = 6 feet 7 inches max. Beyond that your talking a pole weapon. Based on your picture of the sky cloud sword you prob would have it about 6-6 1/2 feet. I can say as it looks cool they are a pain to use unless you have massive arm strength and weight.

Not to dash your hopes though.

Most people since carps is not a quick kill system unless you can move very quickly would just rush in and kill you. It is the reason why you do not see a bunch of pole weapon users at carps. Also something that big is a crush swingers dream.

If your wanting to make something that big use a 1 inch pvc with a 3/4 inch pvc core inside it to add stability so it doesn't whip.wrap the 3/4 with some duct tape so it doesn't rattle.

This frame you would need to see the weapons marshal and see if it is allowed since I don't see an issue they might. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... 346gal.jpg

Adventuring note # 121
Throwing a ball and saying go fetch boy does not work vs Werewolves.

Player note # 47: Proving the staff wrong is hazardous to your health unless you are Soco. Cause Soco is always right.

Quote From a Grandmaster Healer known as House: Everyone Lies sometimes except House Mandalor members. Those bastards never tell the truth.

Combat tip #22: Wearing parachute pants and singing can't touch this while doing the MC Hammer every time you use Battle Dance is only funny the first few times.
GM Todd
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by GM Todd »

Holy hell, that thing is a nightmare. LoL

Ill talk it over with Jason (the current Weapons Marshall) and Keesler (the former Weapons Marshal) and see if we cant come up with suggestions on making this monstrosity a reality.
Your Samoan GM
Dietrich
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Dietrich »

Weapons Marshall the former says "I'll allow it"

Caveat, if you swing even a smidge too hard you will injure someone, if you do that too much I or one of the other elder players will politely ask you to leave the field of combat. Go spar with it and see how it works before you bring it. K thnx bai.
Hozier - Arsonist's Lullaby wrote:When I was a man I thought it ended
When I knew love's perfect ache
But my peace has always depended
On all the ashes in my wake

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash
Vah'shal'rul
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by Vah'shal'rul »

Ill be beta testing the weapon over the next 2 month and strength training as well. I don't know if ill have it ready for next event.

But thank you all for your help.
Feet to the ground eyes to the sky.
dier_cire
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by dier_cire »

lol, Nelkie and I had swords that were almost that big way back when. Perfectly safe if done right. You'll have to weight the hilt if you want to be able to use it well. Do NOT stack pipe inside pipe as was suggested, as you want some whip since this actually prevents it from breaking. If it's stiff, you'll hit someone and the tip shatters (this is from experience).

On a side note, my planned warrior will be wielding something like this. Probably looking at latticed graphite for the core.
Eld - retired
Karn
celegar

Post by celegar »

build it to dagorhir specs and you'll be fine. i actually have two monsters just like that, they are perfectly safe and i built them to dag standard, meaning a full force swing yields no injury.
Ziggy Sprickzlesprooock M.D. -Gnomegeneer Extraordinaire-
NPC Jason
Pinky
Pinky

Post by NPC Jason »

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I have no problems with a sword like that in game provided it is made and wielded safely. That's the type of weapon that would require some sparring tests to make sure you can wield it safely. I also suggest counter-balancing the weapon and making sure that the rest of the construction is kept light.
Player Ombudsman
Weapon Marshall