Hi. Uh, I have never larped before. So I have some questions
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

sumnerc

Hi. Uh, I have never larped before. So I have some questions

Post by sumnerc »

So I get the charactor sheet; do i submit it when I show up to the event?

When I get the CARPS currency can i buy better swords and shields than the one I've made?

Could I join a clan?

Is this like skyrim at all?

Are you allowed to make alliances?

Can you where like leather armor?
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Hi. Uh, I have never larped before. So I have some questions

Post by Darthesis »

sumnerc wrote:So I get the charactor sheet; do i submit it when I show up to the event?

When I get the CARPS currency can i buy better swords and shields than the one I've made?

Could I join a clan?

Is this like skyrim at all?

Are you allowed to make alliances?

Can you where like leather armor?
To answer your questions:

- You can submit the character at the event, and people will be available to help you create one or answer questions you have as well.

- You can purchase 'in-game' weapons but we don't sell what we call 'phys reps' (the actual boffers you use to thumb people out of game). We absolutely will have some to borrow of most major types, but eventually you'll have to make your own or buy your own online or from someone in game willing to make you some.

- You can join any of the organizations listed in our rulebook, we don't have clans by that name but joining organizations, making alliances, and working together is a HUGE part of what makes CARPS fun. You can ask about all this at the game on and then you can learn as you play, people will happily answer your questions.

- It would be something like 'real life' Skyrim. You create a character, you can build their skills to do just about anything. However it'll be really you walking the trail at night (hopefully with companions at your side) when people in costume jump out at you to attack. :)

- We ask that all our characters eventually find period clothing and you get in-game bonuses for that. Be it tunics, leather armor, chain, or even full plate mail. You'll see it all at CARPS.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum