Questions
A Forum for new players to ask questions about CARPS. (and of course welcome to all of our Hungarian spammers!)

Moderator: Moderators

netzach3498
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Re: Questions

Post by netzach3498 »

Yea it does. Sounds more like the compromise I was hoping for. Also we aren't all Spartans. I'm more Trojan and some sport Corinthian style. It sounded more like Anglo monopoly at first. We just want the Greek city state flavor is all. If that requires rework fine but we were hoping to have the same heritage bragging Greeks had back then.
netzach3498
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by netzach3498 »

Lol as far as smaller than the barbarian I almost debated taking the increased size merit. At 6'2" 205 bodybuilder I compete in the Hellenic sport with pride :-)

On a serious note we wear togas and chiton. Shouldn't be any confusion especially with my fiberglass work.
GM Todd
The Thanedom's Taste Tester

Post by GM Todd »

Hawke couldnt have said it any better. We love the enthusiasm and are looking forward to seeing how your collective group adds to the CARPs story. And like Hawke said we do have a rich world filled with thousands of years worth of history. And each of those stories are built on the created stories of the characters that came and went before.
With a good backstory/History we can not only help you to craft your story, but in turn you can help to mold our history. And for that matter the CARPs history that players for years to come will get to experience.
More originality means more creative license we have to play with the history of Phantara.

Now that being said we dont want to discourage anyone from playing, and certainly not from creating a 'character' they enjoy. We just want you to understand that the more anacronisms you have the harder it is for us to weave your tale.

I really am excited to have you guys aboard, and cant wait to see you on the field!
GM Todd

Post by GM Todd »

A note just in case it wasnt clear. My comments were concerning simply nom de guerre & nomenclature only. I am totally excited about the Oracle/seer on a mission reading the will of the ancients, and the city/state archetecture of your group.
Cant wait.
Maxine Gordon
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Maxine Gordon »

I certainly didn't mean what came across to you, I'm sorry for that.

All I meant is the names that are very recognizable by our real selves in current culture, might not cause what you want them to cause once actually in game.

you say that making new names will just cause shrugs from other characters, the old names will to. These names mean absolutely nothing to the world of the game, and so only play on feelings/thoughts/ideas we have "out of game" (player thoughts not character thoughts).

Therefor, would cause us to think as Maxine instead of Maka (real me / character me). It won't help you tell your story like you are hoping. My suggestion was to create your own names for them instead that mean the same thing to you and your character (instead of zeus, etc...) because it will mean the same thing you want in the game world, but will not cause us to think about it in an "out of game" fashion. We are not some future of earth, we are a completely different place where zeus, etc, never existed and will not garner you acclaim.

did this make sense? I'm not sure it did.

I absolutely LOVE that you guys are excited and are putting so much thought and energy into your concept. Truely! Trying to help.
Formally Maka the Orc (Maka done got dead)
Now Jane the Alchemist
Maxine Gordon

Post by Maxine Gordon »

I also just re-read hawke's post which says exactly what I was trying to say but in a way that was much more readable.

That is really all I meant.
Formally Maka the Orc (Maka done got dead)
Now Jane the Alchemist
NPC SoCo
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by NPC SoCo »

I love the Greek idea. I'm not sure anyone has every done that.
"INVICTUS" by William Ernest Henly
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS

Player Ombudsman