Thoughts on prophecy
Discuss issues related to the Prophecy.

Moderator: Moderators

Thoughts on prophecy

Post by Guest »

I have some thoughts I would like to see discussed a little more.

This prophecy states things that will occur, or does it states things the may occur?

Basically if its the first...then we can not stop these things from happening we can only be ready for them and react to them in good fashion.

If the second is true...then we can start doing much much more. We can attempt to stop certain aspects of the prophecy from taking place.

Any thoughts?

Tee
Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Faerykin »

As with all prophecies, I feel it states some things that have occured and some things that may occur. Once an individual knows what the future may hold, they have an opportunity to try and change it.

All we can do is look at that which has already occured, then look to the signs that point to that which may come. Some things we have the power to change, others will occur no matter what we do. For the latter, it is best to take this prophecy as a warning and prepare ourselves.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Jenna
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Jenna »

Far as I can figure, the prophecy states what *has* happened and what *will* happen if no one acts. There's a lot of open questions, and it's up to us to make sure they have the best possible solutions and the best possible end.

If we want to test this theory, have someone look into whether the son mentioned in Section 2 is still alive--looks like he was still "fighting for life" a few days ago.

yes and no

Post by Guest »

As a whole the prophecy is definately a warning. And I dont really doubt that it will come true in its overall context.

But if you look at some of the individual pieces can those be changed, or shall we say guided in a better fashion to prolong the coming war or even to avert some of the prophecy?
Jenna
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

Post by Jenna »

Haply. Any particular section you have in mind?