Moderator: Moderators

Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

The Chronicle of the Essence War

Post by Faerykin »

<< So it is not lost in the shuffle, here it is all alone >>

Stone 1

Not going well, forces being diminished, attempt to restore breaking failed. All that is left is for me to help those I can. Myself and my students charged the area, suffered many losses, only a handful remain. Necromancers have taken to using this area as a base of operations against our allies in the tail of the Chaos Mountains. With the time remaining, I intend to take the inhabitants of this place to someplace safe. Birds of the sky to sow the earth. The Fish to repopulate the rivers. The Elk to travel far. The Frogs to restore the marsh. Owls to watch the skies and control the vermin. Unicorns to protect the magic. These I have placed away outside of this time and space in the Land of Dreams. Follow the flow of Essence as you would to find the truest of each creature, and there you will find the creature’s crystal form. Use the spell "Kortala" to free them.

Stone 2

In the darkness of the Chaos Mountains, in the shadow of the Lair of Ancients, lies the way stones to An'San'Dar. Beware the path that you take, for the 4th Season, one of the four foul Necromancers, guards the place. Those he has enslaved call him the Gnomish King of Darkness. By the time you read this, he has surely corrupted the ways with his minions of bone and living stone. Do not be tricked into releasing any creature bound by Essence along that path. For they are casualties of this war.

Stone 3

This land has seen a blight from the drain put up on the ley lines by the Necromancers of this region. I have helped the villagers of this area (including those of the seashore) to complete the cycle, restore the earth, nurture the land and change the weather. This was done with alchemy and herbs found in An'San'Dar, and by those brought to perform a ritual to focus Essence. If the villagers still perform this ritual, study the women they have chosen. For I have selected those with the strongest affinity to Essence.

Stone 4

The war at the tail of the Chaos Mountains continues. Losses have been heavy for our side. We have achieved one unexpected benefit with our Bird-Man allies. The restoration process being used to invert the ley lines has produced an unusual variety of warriors. This Clan – the Maharu – has had a few members survive the process. They have been rendered immune to the effects of magic and have successfully slain several of the lead Necromancers.

Stone 5

There has been another unexpected success in this war. We have gained the assistance of the Fire Elves – Un'Far'Dar – from the Sea of Dust. Though lacking magic, they have proved very skilled warriors. One of their Families has joined the Maharu in suffering the fate that the Great Staff deals. For now, they have captured the Tower of the Bleeding Red Eye and hold the Bowl of Sight. So long as this remains, we may have a chance to continue our movements undetected. A contingent of Wood Elves from the area – the Myranese – have also rallied to our side.
(… talk about battles won …)

Stone 6

(… Months pass …)
With the lull in the war, I have journeyed with some of the Myranese elves to visit the Undersea Elves to borrow their Cornucopia to feed our troops. The Undersea Elves have been unable to provide troops due to their affinity with the oceans.

Stone 7

(… talk about troop movements, the Elven City to the north that sent reinforcements, land seems to be recovering …)
The Elven City sent reinforcements. *Scribbled Words that are unreadable* Created few Protectors for forest in area. Created Essence Box that creates a Griffon that destroys undead. The box releases a new Griffon each day. The City itself is preparing to assist.

Stone 8

One of the Necromancers, one of the four seasons, Summer – the Vampire Queen – Summer, has opened a Rift to another land and we are now faced with a new dark creature. In some ways they are shaped like a gargoyle, grey leathery skin and wings. (description of Underling) This Rift is located someplace in the Chaos Mountains, under a mountain. We have very few Dwarves with our group, but they, with the Myranese Elves, attempted to raid the mountain and close the Rift. The Dwarves died in the assault, the strange creatures – Underlings as we call them – and all of the Myranese who fought them have vanished. Their fate is unknown.

Stone 9

The Tower of the Bleeding Eye in the Sea of Dust has fallen again to the Necromancers. Our Un'Fan'Dar allies have returned to the Sea of Dust to try and retake the Tower. Since control of the Bowl of Sight takes time, we believe. I am closing this area’s Essence Center and putting my best pupil to sleep until Essence returns. Too many Essence Centers have already been discovered and destroyed during this war. Must not let another fall. I have deposited the Seeking Stones from other Centers there as well. As for the four other Necromancers, known as the self-proclaimed Seasons, Kings and Queens of Vampires. Vampire Queen Spring fled to the Corsair Islands. Seven of my pupils go to try to put an end to her. The Queen of Summer is still lost along with the Myranese. Autumn remains in the mountains. A powerful curse has been laid upon Winter, we have not seen him since.

Stone 10

We have succeeded in inverting the ley lines to their original state as far as the Elven City. This has greatly weakened the Lesser Necromancers in the area.
(… Happy Thoughts …)
Our Un'Fan'Dar scout has returned. Failed to retake the Tower of the Bleeding Eye, and also, the Necromancers of the world seem to have amassed forces – going to the tail of the Chaos Mountains.

Stone 11

(… Final Battle …)
Waged long and hard, many on both sides fell. In the end, our leader killed and the Great Staff captured. This all I remember, and though the battle was lost, before the sun set, the battle happened again. The Essence Mage – Ulric – his wife, and six of our best warriors and Essence Mages went to the legendary Cave of Destiny beyond the Pit of Creation. Triumph was costly, only Ulric and the warrior, Linthal survived. This does not end here, as the sun set, it reached noon again. Tale from Ulric, powerful Necromancer also successfully led a group to the Cave of Destiny and the battle was restored to a similar path. The difference being, Linthal captured the Staff and hid it where Ulric knows not where. Ulric will forever be bound to the Necromancer who navigated the Cave. Ulric cannot make a move without the Master. The same is for the Master. Both are tied to each other.

Stone 12

With the Staff lost and our leader dead, the war has been lost. The Necromancers have free reign. I am leaving this area to try and help others. I wish to return to teach others my craft.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar