Major pieces to the puzzle
Discuss issues related to the Prophecy.

Moderator: Moderators

Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

A world without magic is something that some can only dream of.

Then there are a very few of us that live the dream.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Solari Son of the Mother
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

Yes my friend but you know that there is magic out there that transcends this dream, or have you forgotten the feel of it's blessing that you experienced in Summer's Glade?
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

I cannot forget. I felt happiness and delight produced by the magics in the glade. When I left the glade magics were still able to touch me.

I was terrified, and it was one of the most horrible feelings I have ever felt in my life.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*Twilight snaps out of her reverie at the mention of Summer's Glade*

The Fey embodiment of Spring is fighting in the Fey Realm ... as every Fey of power is. They have closed the Gateways so as to not allow the Great Evil they are fighting to escape into Phantara - or anywhere else - to contain it within the Fey Realm until they can destroy it.

I do not know who or what that thing masquerading as the Lady Spring was. But her and her Glade were not what they appeared to be. The Fey embodiments of the Seasons would not chance opening a Glade, for fear that the Great Evil would escape.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Solari Son of the Mother

*Solari's eyes widen in shock*

What? how do you know this? and why did you not tell those that chose to go to the Glade?

*with almost a hurt look on his face*

I thought that we were closer than that Winter, I thought that you trusted me more than that, I guess that I was wrong. No matter though, I guess, what really matters is that we work to avert the coming Darkness. And to do that I think that the chronicle needs to be shown to everyone. I won't if you insist but at this point it should be given over so that all can have the same knowledge of the past that some of us do.

*He looks away with a sadness that very few have seen cross his features*
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak frowns*
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

I have said such Solari. I have said such since the closing of the Gateways over two years past. I was there when they closed the Gateways ... given the choice to stay here or go and fight. I felt the loss of power when the Fey Realm was shut off from us ... the great sadness as the earth itself wept ...

*her voice trails off*

Perhaps you were too caught up in her revelry to listen. She has that effect on the people she entices to her 'glade'.

*she sighs with great sadness*

But that is all come and gone ... and too late. I did not mean to hurt you Solari ... it pains me to see you upset.

*she sighs again*

But that is come and gone as well. We have no time for sorrow, it seems ... no time for celebration ... no time. For one battle over leaves three in its wake. I will share the Chronicle of the Essence War. If it may help us to advert the coming Darkness ... for we will need all of the help we can get.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks around at everyone and tilts her head. Her gaze appears to reveal that a part of her is still thinking about the staff discussion.*

Solari...Nyhtrak...please.

Winter, how do you know that it was not Lady Spring whom you all were with a few months ago. I have heard you mention how messed up things were at the time.

Solari, Winter may not have realized the imposter until later. She has also been extremely busy with some of the nastier things we have been dealing with as of late as well as obtaining this prophesy that we are now discussing.

I know she would have told you about this Spring masquarade in time.

*She pauses*

The most important thing is that information is coming out now. Come on we all need to continue to do this working together thing. It is a challenge for some, but we can do this.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Solari Son of the Mother

As Winter says it is of small import here and now.
*He reaches into a pouch and pulls out a few pieces of paper reads a bit and scribbles over some words.*

I have made 2 copies of this, this one may be used to furhter everyone's insight.

The Chronicle of The Essence Wars
Stone 1

Not going well, forces being diminished, attempt to restore breaking failed. All that is left is for me to help those I can. Myself and my students charged the area, suffered many losses, only a handful remain. Necromancers have taken to using this area as a base of operations against our allies in the tail of the Chaos Mountains. With the time remaining, I intend to take the inhabitants of this place to someplace safe. Birds of the sky to sow the earth. The Fish to repopulate the rivers. The Elk to travel far. The Frogs to restore the marsh. Owls to watch the skies and control the vermin. Unicorns to protect the magic. These I have placed away outside of this time and space in the Land of Dreams. Follow the flow of Essence as you would to find the truest of each creature, and there you will find the creature’s crystal form. Use the spell “Kortala” to free them.

Stone 2

In the darkness of the Chaos Mountains, in the shadow of the Lair of Ancients, lies the way stones to An’San’Dar. Beware the path that you take, for the 4th Season, one of the four foul Necromancers, guards the place. Those he has enslaved call him the Gnomish King of Darkness. By the time you read this, he has surely corrupted the ways with his minions of bone and living stone. Do not be tricked into releasing any creature bound by Essence along that path. For they are casualties of this war.

Stone 3

This land has seen a blight from the drain put up on the ley lines by the Necromancers of this region. I have helped the villagers of this area (including those of the seashore) to complete the cycle, restore the earth, nurture the land and change the weather. This was done with alchemy and herbs found in An’San’Dar, and by those brought to perform a ritual to focus Essence. If the villagers still perform this ritual, study the women they have chosen. For I have selected those with the strongest affinity to Essence.

Stone 4

The war at the tail of the Chaos Mountains continues. Losses have been heavy for our side. We have achieved one unexpected benefit with our Bird-Man allies. The restoration process being used to invert the ley lines has produced an unusual variety of warriors. This Clan – the Maharu – has had a few members survive the process. They have been rendered immune to the effects of magic and have successfully slain several of the lead Necromancers.

Stone 5

There has been another unexpected success in this war. We have gained the assistance of the Fire Elves – Un’Far’Dar – from the Sea of Dust. Though lacking magic, they have proved very skilled warriors. One of their Families has joined the Maharu in suffering the fate that the Great Staff deals. For now, they have captured the Tower of the Bleeding Red Eye and hold the Bowl of Sight. So long as this remains, we may have a chance to continue our movements undetected. A contingent of Wood Elves from the area – the Myranese – have also rallied to our side.
(…talk about battles won…)

Stone 6

(…Months pass…)
With the lull in the war, I have journeyed with some of the Myranese elves to visit the Undersea Elves to borrow their Cornucopia to feed our troops. The Undersea Elves have been unable to provide troops due to their affinity with the oceans.

Stone 7

(…talk about troop movements, the Elven City to the north that sent reinforcements, land seems to be recovering…)
The Elven City sent reinforcements. *Scribbled Words that are unreadable* Created few Protectors for forest in area. Created Essence Box that creates a Griffon that destroys undead. The box releases a new Griffon each day. The City itself is preparing to assist.

Stone 8

One of the Necromancers, one of the four seasons, Summer – the Vampire Queen – Summer, has opened a Rift to another land and we are now faced with a new dark creature. In some ways they are shaped like a gargoyle, grey leathery skin and wings. (description of Underling) This Rift is located someplace in the Chaos Mountains, under a mountain. We have very few Dwarves with our group, but they, with the Myranese Elves, attempted to raid the mountain and close the Rift. The Dwarves died in the assault, the strange creatures – Underlings as we call them – and all of the Myranese who fought them have vanished. Their fate is unknown.

Stone 9

The Tower of the Bleeding Eye in the Sea of Dust has fallen again to the Necromancers. Our Un’Fan’Dar allies have returned to the Sea of Dust to try and retake the Tower. Since control of the Bowl of Sight takes time, we believe. I am closing this area’s Essence Center and putting my best pupil to sleep until Essence returns. Too many Essence Centers have already been discovered and destroyed during this war. Must not let another fall. I have deposited the Seeking Stones from other Centers there as well. As for the four other Necromancers, known as the self-proclaimed Seasons, Kings and Queens of Vampires. Vampire Queen Spring fled to the Corsair Islands. Seven of my pupils go to try to put an end to her. The Queen of Summer is still lost along with the Myranese. Autumn remains in the mountains. A powerful curse has been laid upon Winter, we have not seen him since.

Stone 10

We have succeeded in inverting the ley lines to their original state as far as the Elven City. This has greatly weakened the Lesser Necromancers in the area.
(…Happy Thoughts…)
Our Un’Fan’Dar scout has returned. Failed to retake the Tower of the Bleeding Eye, and also, the Necromancers of the world seem to have amassed forces – going to the tail of the Chaos Mountains.

Stone 11

(…Final Battle…)
Waged long and hard, many on both sides fell. In the end, our leader killed and the Great Staff captured. This all I remember, and though the battle was lost, before the sun set, the battle happened again. The Essence Mage – Ulric – his wife, and six of our best warriors and Essence Mages went to the legendary Cave of Destiny beyond the Pit of Creation. Triumph was costly, only Ulric and the warrior, Linthal survived. This does not end here, as the sun set, it reached noon again. Tale from Ulric, powerful Necromancer also successfully led a group to the Cave of Destiny and the battle was restored to a similar path. The difference being, Linthal captured the Staff and hid it where Ulric knows not where. Ulric will forever be bound to the Necromancer who navigated the Cave. Ulric cannot make a move without the Master. The same is for the Master. Both are tied to each other.

Stone 12

With the Staff lost and our leader dead, the war has been lost. The Necromancers have free reign. I am leaving this area to try and help others. I wish to return to teach others my craft.
Fate the Healer

Post by Fate the Healer »

Stone 3

This land has seen a blight from the drain put up on the ley lines by the Necromancers of this region. I have helped the villagers of this area (including those of the seashore) to complete the cycle, restore the earth, nurture the land and change the weather. This was done with alchemy and herbs found in An’San’Dar, and by those brought to perform a ritual to focus Essence. If the villagers still perform this ritual, study the women they have chosen. For I have selected those with the strongest affinity to Essence.
Just as a side note, does this passage refer to the women who dance in the circle in... was it Greengrove?
Fate the Healer
Member of the Healers Guild of Midway
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

Yes it does. These words were found scribed on the stones that the women dance around.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Fate the Healer

So if we can find Linthal, if he is still alive, we can find the Staff. He probably knows how to use it too.
Fate the Healer
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

If he would be willing to share that information. I am not thinking he will so blindly bring it out of its hiding place.

He was a warrior, remember. Chances are only an Essence Mage can weild the Staff.

Of course, this is all if he is still alive.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Fate the Healer

And we are fresh out of essence mages in this town, aren't we?
Fate the Healer
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

As far as I know, that is something we do not have within the Guild of Mages here, and Essence Magi.

Could try tracking one down in Vanaphasux after next moon.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages