Discuss issues related to the Prophecy.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenna
Inn Patron
Inn Patron

The Debut of the Prophecy

Post by Jenna »

***The Scene***

You see Jenna mucking around by the firepit, cleaning up garbage and stoking the fire. She is talking partly to herself, partly to a Felin'noss who has laid out by the heat of the fire.

"...The bugger-all part of it is that it's always got to do with kings and princes an' powerful necromancers an' stuff that'll soon as kill ya than look at ya. Just once I'd like to see a prophecy about a farmer, nice guy an' all but means jack to the rest of the world and what *he* intends to do. 'An' there will be a man named Bob, and verily he will plant potatoes, or maybe melons that hast black seeds, provided he sobers up...'"

The Felin'noss dozes off as Jenna spreads some maps, paper, and pens around on the tables. When she is done, she glances around with a small measure of satisfaction. After wiping away the dust and ash from her hands, she stands on a table and begins to speak.

"I don't cotton to public speakin' so I'll keep it short. I know that there was a lot of unanswered questions the other day when Twilight an' meself came back from visitin' Gateway and the Grand Seeress. Our message caused good stir, which is fittin' in all in that it's about war, death, necromancy, the destruction of races, and whatnot. So I'm gonna do what I promised: make this information available to all so we all can work *together* an' try to stop some of what's listed in the prophecy."

Jenna looks around and pauses.

"I'm more than aware that this may be a foreign concept to some of yas, and curse ya for makin' me stand up here and talk pretty like a cavalier, but here goes. I know some people in town intend to keep information related to this prophecy to themselves--and not share it--so's they can try to profit from it. But this is *too big* for any one person to handle. If you seek the meaning of the prophecy and go down the wrong path just once, you've wasted months of your time. And by then it'll be too late. What you thought or hoped might happen has happened already, and you missed your chance to *position yerself* while you were chasin' farts in the wind. Or maybe the person you wanted help from was killed while you were out there polishin' your mace. If you'd shared information and helped out there earlier, they'd still be alive...

Anyways, if this is kept public, people have a chance of catchin' your mistakes before they turn into something bigger, an' from what I've seen lately around here, that's a service sorely needed. We can also make sure that people don't go 'round researching the same thing over and over while other important questions go unanswered. So's maybe if you can put aside all the rabbit scat an' help to figure out how to stop the...well, let's just say the life you save may be yer own."

Jenna unrolls a hefty scroll across one of the tables and motions for you to join her. A smirk flits across her face. "If nothin' else, you can show off how smart you are, eh? I'll be here a bit. Let's see what we can come up with."