Over the Winter Stuff
Things of note in the world at large that your character would notice. These posts are In-Game. You cannot create topics here, but you can reply to them.

Moderator: Moderators

The Gavin Legion
Greenie
Greenie

Over the Winter Stuff

Post by The Gavin Legion »

**I dunno if I should be posting this in the inn or not, but it seemed like the most reasonable place ot post it, as it's a kind of in/out of game type of place**

**here's the deal , in March, several groups of PCs intend on removing themselves from game for a whole session(repop) and heading off to the Dwarven Homeland for Roleplaying and plotses they have to accomplish thereabouts. As far as I know that group has been working on their plans since abouts october and has everything prepped and ready to go. I'm sure that this will all work out well and sthuff, and that some non-me based person is handling it and I'll hear loads about it come next NPC meeting.**

**On a topic of stuff that I am in charge of. There is/was a similarly largish(more than one) group of people who promised that they would assist the forces of Order in their campaign against C|-|@05 and a few who even said they wished to enlist. What hopefully will become of group, once I find out whoms is interested, will work out as follows.

**similar to the Dwarf Homeland group, this group of PCs will be brought aside for a game session, representing the extended lag of the war keeping them away for the frist bit of the event. During this time the just shy of three month war will be worked out in brief roleplaying sessions of each week of their involvement in it. At the end of the repop those that survive will be given the chance ot return to Midway and relate the tale of their adventures. After that should they wish to run off with some other group and disappear for the rest of the session, that's fine too.

**Another part of the plot involves one of the forums on this webpage. Anyone who wants to be on this plot will be given access to this forum which contains breif narratives of the goings on of each week and what they can expect. On that note here it the actual plot hook for this Bit**

**Sir Sans enters the bar with two companions. Those of you who know them reconize them as Fisk and Jager. For those of you who don't let me give you the rundown
Sir Sans- A man in an elaborately worked suit of Full Plate. He is wearing a cloak made out of some sort of white fabric lined in gold. On the back of his cloak is some sort of symbol, looks kind of like a shield with a sun behind it. His visor is down, but there seems to be a bluish glow coming from the slots.
Fisk- A Gnarled looking old man. His eyes seem to eihter have some sort of gem like lenses over them, or maybe they are gems themselves. The only armor apparent on him is on his left arm. He posses a guantlet made of bronze, and the rest of his arm is armored in plates of steel.
Jager-A man dressed in the clothes of a woodsman. He has the symbol of a cavalier hanging from his belt.
All three have the symbol of the Blazing Suns hangin from their belt**

**Sans speeks**
People of Midway, I greet you. I have come here to request the aid of some of you, and others to see if you are true to your word.

Soon me and those under my command shall set out to rid the world of the filth that has plagued this kingdom for so long. We set out to join our brethren in the fight that shall help bring in the new age.

I would as any of you who are decent folk to stand and be counted among those who seek to help make the world a place where good, law abiding folk, have nothing to fear from brigands, monsters and sneaktheives. To rid this place of the constant fear, the fear of the mountains what spawn such fiends.

So whom of you is with us?

***waiting.....***
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

(NOTE: This happened back just a bit after last event.)

*Nyrhtak stands*

I am ready. Of course, you already knew that. It goes without saying.

*Looks over to Rhys*

Ready?
Divin Stormshadow
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

*stepping from the shadows*

So you guys are finally gona get your asses in gear cause you've made me wait way to damn long to slap that stupid scowl off your annoying faces and maybe while we're at it we may even have time to find a master healer to pull that stick out your asses. That said, good luck, safe travel, and may the craziest bastard win, SMOOCHES!

*turns and skips out the door*
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak bows his head as Divin leaves*

I do not wish to have your blood on my blade old friend. I hope that our old agreement still stands and if we face eachother, we shall face away. Though we may fight on opposite sides, we shall not spill the blood of our own. We shall not spill the blood of Scumm.

*Nyrhtak impatiently looks back over to Rhys*
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Darthesis turns in his seat and addresses the congregation of people.

If you are interested in obtaining my aid, I'm sure you all know the methods available to do so. If you believe that your cause is just and you wish to ensure your victory... talk to me.

Darthesis turns back in the other direction.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak gives a wry grin*

If I had the coin to hire you in this task Darthesis I would have you under my command tomorrow, but unfortunately wars are expensive and your services for tasks of the nature we would need from you may run our coffers dry and lose us supply lines.

*Nyrhtak looks at his rust-crusted sword, wiping the blade a bit and chips a piece off near the H in Mahuru, he frowns and glances up at Sans. He looks back over to Darthesis.*

It is true, that the cause is just though, whether you believe in Order or Balance. If you lower your prices for Just Causes, let Sans know. I'm sure we've hired several Mercinary Bands to aid us in the walk through the Chaos Mountains.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

Darthesis smiles back.

My prices are dependent upon many factors, however I don't think 'a just cause' has ever been on that list. If you or your leaders believe supply lines are more important than my services then that is your choice always. However, remember that wars are rarely won or lost on a battlefield. They are won and lost before the battle is actually joined.

The battle itself is simply the proving grounds of the imagination already merged with reality.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn rises from the bench near where Nyrhtak was seated*

I will go with you.
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Cavalier of House DeVris
OOG Management Team
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak turns to Kathryn and smiles*

I knew you were considering it, but I had thought you might decide not to. I am glad to see you coming Kathryn.

*Nyrhtak turns to the rest of the Inn*

And that goes for all members of Clan Rukuss. Whether or not you believe in the cause, the end result is necessary for balance. I will make certain that you are posted in our Division.

*Nyrhtak turns to Sans*

I assume that will not be a problem?
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

joining up

Post by Mary Baker »

Mary looks at Sans and addresses him quietly.
"Sans, I deeply regret that I will be unable to give my aid to Order in this way. I must leave town ths winter to root out some dangers elsewhere. I had hoped to be able to assist you in your efforts, as you have so generously helped us in the past. Please be assured that I am doing work that benefits Order in other ways.
Had I any items or wealth that could be used, I would give it gladly, but my small pockets hold little but good will lately. Perfoming the duties of DeVris have left me with a full roster and little time to adventure."

She turns to Nyrhtak and Kathryn.
"It seems that not all of Rukuss can be there. My friends you have been so loyal to me that I feel guilty for not being able to go. I will have answers when I return. I have faith that both of you will still be there to hear them in the spring. Good luck and travel safely. Order will be triumphant."

Mary sits back and you now notice that a traveling pack is next to her on the floor. Looks like she is leaving fairly soon.
Head Magistrate, House DeVris,
Legacy Chapter
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Fair travels Mary Baker.
Rhys Thatcher
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Rhys Thatcher »

*With an uncertain voice*

Supposing it is ok that I go...

*With a partially regained confidence*

I am ready...Just lead the way.
Rhys Thatcher
Hope is never really lost, only temperarily misplaced. It takes a brave soul to not give up the search for it.
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Excellent. It is time to cleanse the choas from the mountains that have been held in its grip for so long.
Rhys Thatcher

Post by Rhys Thatcher »

*looking for clarification*

it is ok if I attend then?
Rhys Thatcher
Hope is never really lost, only temperarily misplaced. It takes a brave soul to not give up the search for it.
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*chuckles*

Of course it is.