Portal Guard
Things of note in the world at large that your character would notice. These posts are In-Game. You cannot create topics here, but you can reply to them.

Moderator: Moderators

X-GM Fesko
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Portal Guard

Post by X-GM Fesko »

In recent days more and more Silverthorne Army messengers are teleported (apparently from the Front) to the Allerian Portal, whereupon they imediately enter the portal for travel to Tarragon Keep. These messengers are typically light to moderately wounded.

This increased traffic hasn't gone on for long before Tarragon sends backs through the Portal a small garrison force that's sets up temporary residence at the base of the Portal Stone.

This garrison consists of a Elven mage from Sil'Van'Dar by the name of Linthellias Varinora. While not a member of the Mages Guild he carries papers signed by the King, himself, granting him permission to perform magic within Silverthorne lands. He is accompanied by Sergeant Wilk Bryanson and seven other Silverthorne guardsmen. They are garrisoned in two large tents (the Elf in one, the guardsmen in the other).

Steady messenger traffic is now two-way. Messengers from Tarragon Keep emerge from the portal to be teleported away by Linthellias while other (typically wounded) messengers continue to arrive by teleport to disappear through the portal.

The messengers passing to and from the portal never speak, yet rumors grow amongst the people of Legacy that the war raging against the Red Tear does not go well.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The messengers passing through the Portal are less closed lipped to the Portal guards, who frequently ask for news of the Front. These guards, in turn, relay much of what they have learned from the Portal while spending off-duty hours at the bar.

Thus does it become common knowledge that the Silverthorne lines have been overrun by the forces of darkness. The allied armies of Human, Elf, and Gnome now fight a retreating battle southward across Ulric’s Gift, hounded by an ever-growing host of evil. Tarragon rushes reinforcements to the decaying Front, but hopes of turning the tide are slim.
All answers and declarations are absolute until I change my mind or someone says otherwise
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The soldiers of this small garrison have grown grim indeed. While not sleeping or on duty, they are spending every pemb they have at the bar. Their shifts work night and day at setting up earthworks and a wooden pallisade around the Portal Stone and camp.
X-GM Fesko

Post by X-GM Fesko »

The Portal Palasade is now manned by a detachment of 21 Avyana troops. The Alarian Mage is still there, but Linthalius, the High Elf mage, was sent back to Tarragon Keep with the surviving Silverthorne soldiers.