Down the Hall.
Things of note in the world at large that your character would notice. These posts are In-Game. You cannot create topics here, but you can reply to them.

Moderator: Moderators

Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Faerykin »

*turns to Daerm*

You are correct, Archon. Tee would have tried something ... but he is not here, is he? So, what do you suggest?
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

*DD stops his whispering to acknowledge Twilight*

I'm trying something out... give me a second and we can see if it helps...

*turns back to Nyrhtak gives him a look like 'come on, help me out here dammit!'*
Daerm Doublenix
Student of the late Tee Toecrusher
"I ain't a damn gnome!!!" *shakes fist in frustration*
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

*Nyrhtak listens as Daerm leans over to him.*

No...I cannot co....

Oh my. I wonder if the third letter has appeared. This may be his third portent.

*Nyrhtak rifles through his bag looking through some pieces of parchment. After a moment he sighs and looks up.*

It looks like it is still blank.

*He looks over to Sylas.*

You know who I speak of Sylas. Do you feel that I should attempt to find him?

*Looks over to Twilight.*

Sorry Babe, VLO doesn't charge money for situations such as this. We aren't Fidelis, we're a group of friends with a writ so we can do the occassional bountyhunting job to put food on our plates. 'sides, I've already made my suggestion. I don't have a feeling that identifying the staff to see if it holds any clues is going to hurt the situation any, whether it belongs to the man we're trying to save or not.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

*DD grabs Nyrhtak by the belt and shakes him*

Task at hand!
Daerm Doublenix
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*Twilight calmly looks to Nyrhtak*

Indeed, there is a task at hand. You of all people should know and realize that what we have recently discovered is beyond the scope of any one individual. So we have two choices here. We can either continue to work as indivduals and certainly fail, or we can begin sharing information and resources, and work as a team. As individuals, Re'Gaul and his minions will destoy us all ... as a team, we at the very least stand a chance at seeing his defeat.

*she pauses*

The choice is yours.
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

Arg...

*looks even more frustrated*

Fine...

Hey Mr. Unknown Essence Mage! Can this help?

*waves a book around, then quickly pulls something from his pouch, and the book is gone from his hand, then closes his hand with the strongest grip a guthrie can muster*
Daerm Doublenix
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

And another thing...

*looks to Twilight and Nyrhtak*

I dont know what's going on between you... but if you got something you need to say to each other, spill it. Let's clear the air so we can get back to the task at hand.
Daerm Doublenix
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Looks around the room and just keeps a watchful eye over Twilight and Sylas.*

*Turns her attention to Dearm*

There are many things going on Archon Dearm, most of which I believe are beyond simple reasoning and logic for the patterns of behavior occur time and time again.

Let me put it to you this way, actions witnesses by an individual who has barely recollection of what occured before whatever happened happened support whatever information was gain from the same individual before this emptyness in one's memmory was obtained.
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak looks down at his belt, and over at DD. Realizing he's been holding his sword this whole time, he sheaths the blade branded Mage Hunter.*

I'm not supposed to make contact with him. To do so could endanger him greatly. I am risking much acknowledging the existence of one I know as an Essence Mage. The other is more of a suspicion, and they would have spoken up if they could do anything to help. I believe the next logical step would be to identify the staff to see if it can lend any clues or be of any help.

*He looks over to Twilight again.*

Listen. You're right, and I've been thinking about this for a while. We gotta put this fued aside, I'd like to put it to an end, but I don't know if you can handle that or not. I have never wished you ill, but I have been very pissed at you for some time now. This town has gotta stand together, and it is hard to do so when we are working AGAINST one another. Yes, I feel you have been working against me.

Verum Lex Ordo is here for whatever the town needs. Our group is ready to tackle any obstacle at the direction of Sylas Hay or the Town Council. We're not going to be suicidal, however we're not gonna charge the town anything either.

Yes, I know of an Essence Mage, and this person has told me that my knowing that puts me in grave peril. They have told me that a group of Necromancers are hunting me even now to find their location. They have told me to tell noone of their identity else I put both the ones I tell and the Essence Mage in peril. However I *have* broken this Essence Mage's confidence, but I don't want to do so to the whole bloody town. That puts too many people in danger, including the Essence Mage.

*Nyrhtak steps closer to Twilight*

Listen, I have a great deal of faith in you and your abilities, but the town needs us working together, not apart. We have to put the fighting to a bloody end, before it ends up in a bloody end. I'll take no action against you, nor any member of this town. I work within the law, no man is above it, even one who serves Order. To break the law of the kingdom which you call home, would be to break the vows I spoke when I transcended. However, I've been looking behind my back fearful for my life for the past few months. Between Balthos, Dimack, Re'Gaul, and others...I've even been looking behind my back for people I once called my friends. I'm afraid that we're to a point where you think I'm going to kill you and I think you're going to kill me, and we're so paranoid at this point that we're both going to end up dead at the hands of those who we SHOULD be looking out for...the Red Tear.

So there. I said it, in front of all these people *Nyrhtak waves his hand*. I feel that we've been in an unspoken war for months now, ever since I returned from the War of Order and Chaos. I am waving the white flag. I need this to end. I can't sleep at night. I used to be able to sleep soundly with you sitting right there, but not I can't sleep wherever I am. I hate this and I am tired of it. We need to set aside our petty differences and move on. I forgive you. I know why you did what you have done that I felt so wronged me, and I forgive you for it. I'll defend you against my undead Father, I'll see him put to rest properly, I'll stand in the way of hordes of whatever may come, and I'll put my life on the line for you. We need this town whole and I need your friendship back. I can't take this anymore, I miss what we had or at least, what I thought we had at one time. I want it back. The question is, is that possible?

*Nyrhtak holds out his hand toward Twilight, his palm held upward.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn observes the interaction between Nyhtrak and Twilight. Before he puts the sword away, Kimberlyn notices the name of the sword.*
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*Twilight stands silent for a few moments, weighing Nyrhtak's words. She then slowly extends her arm and takes Nyrhtak's hand*

Yes, Nyrhtak ... a new friendship is indeed possible. I tire of our petty battle and wish to see it end.

*she pauses*

There is much more to say, but that can wait.

*with that, she smiles*
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Kimberlyn actually appears a tad confused by the transaction as it transpires.*
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe

Post by Guest »

*Sticks his head in*

We're at war with the Forces of Twilight?

Oh. You mean THIS Twilight. I thought you were referring to a less scary version of the Forces of Darkness. Oh well.

*Pulls back out*
Solari Son of the Mother

Post by Solari Son of the Mother »

*Perched in a window*

It's about time, now for ideas that may help the current situation. Twilight you said that you divined that you could most help Sylas on this side of the dreaming but have you tried to see if that is true for our unknown essence mage? Perhaps he could be found in the dreaming if he is there as well and perhaps he may have some knowledge of what to do to help himself.

Sylas, what changed for you on the other side that allowd you to re-enter your body? Was it the fact that the poison was healed or that the void has been restored, or was it something else entirely?

Someone, Daniel I believe, said that the essence mage could not be moved, is that still the case and would it be bad to move him as it was to move Sylas?
Solari An'aalcouladinasmyyran
Sunlight Reflected Off Of The Dew As The Sun Crests The Hill
Son Of The Mother Protector Of The Cycle
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

*Nyrhtak takes Twilight's arm.*

Yes. It can wait. Now, before we can find out exactly what action we should take, we first need to weigh all of the factors.

We should identify the staff.

If we can, we should idtentify exactly what spell is on the Essence Mage.

We should find out if Ebek's trip to Vauwhatever is still necessary or not.

We should look through books perhaps to see if we have any information on this staff.

We should weigh as to whether or not I should contact the Essence Mage I know or not. I do not know how or where to find them and they probably have a sizable scrye shield, however if we think we can pierce it...of course, I have other leads too, however that would require travel, and myself to negotiate, it could take weeks, if not more than weeks. I could have Mages deliver messages for me, but I know not if the letters will be accepted or welcomed.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai

Former Head of V.L.O.