Failure to comply with the court.
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Failure to comply with the court.

Post by Mary Baker »

Mary comes into the Inn and asks Bombour if he would mind posting an official document. She then addresses the patrons and reads the formal notice aloud.

"Excuse me please. As many of you have likely, gotten messages from Miss Rosalin Worland, it is important for you to know that it will be unnecessary for you to sign that document. As part of her sentencing she was asked to write a letter of both apology and information about titles of station. House DeVris rescripted a draft that she wrote, and it was agreed that this was the letter she would have signed by townsmembers.

This letter was due to be signed and returned by mid-december. Although a letter was sent to her, she failed to utilize the draft that was agreed upon and took it into her own late hands to draft another. For these reasons I have asked Bombour to post this note and I will read it now for those of you who are unable to read common. do with this information as you will."

Mary reads the note....

The note reads:

The persons whom have signed below have either been informed, and or corrected about the proper way to address those above them in station. Someone that has merely the protections of a gentleperson should not be addressed as "Lady" or "Lord". Only those that have the official title of "Lady" or "Lord" may be addressed as such.

I, Rasolin Worland, am afforded only the protections of a gentlewoman, due to my station as Head of House Toevass in Midway. I am not a Lady and should not be addressed as such, nor should I be addressed as an actual gentlewoman.

____________________________ _________________________

Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimberlyn looks at Mary*

That is pretty much the same draft I signed the other day. Are you going to have us resign this document?
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Actually, the entire second paragraph is completely different.

*Holds up a copy of what was sent by Rasolin*

The persons whom have signed below have either been informed, and or corrected about the proper way to address those above them in station. Someone that has merely the protections of a gentleperson should not be addressed as "Lady" or "Lord". Only those that have the official title of "Lady" or "Lord" may be addressed as such.

It should also be understood that a person that is Head of a House has the protections of a gentlewoman or gentleman, but should not be addressed as an actual gentlewoman or gentleman. In this town, or any other.

Thank you for your time, and hope this has settled any confusion for people.

of Midway
Last edited by Kathryn Skress on Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Point is, do we need to sign this one as well?
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe
Mary Baker
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

to kimberlyn

Post by Mary Baker »

As I said, do with this as you will. This is a copy of the official document. The other one will not be accepted in the court. It's beyond my power now if any of them will be accepted. She is also delinquint in paying her fines.

The context of the two notes reads very differently.

--Mary--
Kimberlyn Darksbane

*Gets a writing device from her pouch and signs the document.*
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Bear Tribe
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

Fines? Why is it that this is the first that I have heard of any fines to be collected? I do believe that any fines levied are to be collected by a Mandalor representative and distrubuted in the correct manner. In the future I would appreciate it if such things were brought to my or Ferran Well's attention.

*Signs the document*
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Considering that she hasn't actually paid her fines, there has hardly been an opportunity for Mandalor to collect. Besides, wouldn't that require a representitive of Mandalor to be in town? It is a rare occasion one is seen in these parts now-a-days. One can hardly expect a convicted criminal to loiter about waiting for Mandalor to drop in. Of course, I suppose we could always throw them in jail until a Mandalor representitive arrives, but I'm sure House Jakoric would have something to say about that.

*pauses*

Besides all that, it is the town treasurer's job to collect fines.
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

I am back and forth between here and Port's End pretty much every few days, sometimes longer in one or the other. If I were told what fines are due to be collected I could assist in making sure that they are indeed collected. I do not mean to tell either of you how to how to do things but, working together to make sure that House DeVris's judgements where fines are concerned is much more desirable to me than finding out by proxy.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

As I mentioned already, it is the town treasurer's job to accept fines, not House Mandalor's.
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

My memory must be leaving me because I don't remember you saying that, and yes it is the town treasurer's job to collect fines levied by DeVris, but it is Mandalors job to distribute the fines. I believe that the fine is to be collected at the time of the sentencing as well, or have you had the constable sieze property because of a lack of funds on Miss Worland's part?

*To Bombour*
If you could be so kind as to notify me of fines levied by DeVris that are not collected at the time of sentencing, I will do my best to make sure that those fines are paid to you and distributed correctly.

If we all work together rather than apart our Kings wishes can be carried out more efficiently and both Justice and our King can be better served.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Kathryn Skress
House DeVris
House DeVris

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Balthazar, your memory must be truely bad if you believe it is your responsibility to distribute the fines.

*fishes a copy of the charters out of her pouch*

Perhaps you better reread this if your memory fails you. http://www.carpsgame.com/newsletter/sprac03_2003.pdf

In case you also have trouble with your eyes, it says there that 30% shall be tendered to the baronial Mandalor head for distribution at the Barony level nobility and above and 10% shall be maintained by House Mandalor as a fee for their dutiful work for the betterment of Silverthorn. It does not say anywhere in your charter or mine, that it shall be the local Mandalor chapter's responsibility to collect said fines. Further, unless you have received a promotion that none of us know about, you personally shall not receive any of the monies except 10% to distribute to your House members.

Further, if you hadn't notice the sign on the wall *points at the signs by each door* Rasolin is wanted for not paying her fines, which she was given a month to produce... A leeway the court granted in special circumstance and it will not be repeated, given the extent to which Rasolin has pulled her leash. Are you quite finished in debating the intricacies of the law?
Kathryn Skress
Baronial Magistrate of House DeVris
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor

It is quite possible that I am mistaken on the point of distribution of fines, the charter is not clear on who is to distribute the monies from the fines, just as it is not clear on how taxes are to be distributed. I was told that fines and taxes would be handled in the same manner as the monies from an auction which the charter does spell out. I will look into the truth of the matter.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre