Who is the mages guild arcon?
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Lee Priest
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lee Priest »

Hmmmm so many cultures. So many laws and one hell of a melting pot. Before I can input my questions and such I was wondering Just what are the NEW rules for Silverthorn. Because I have been across the waters for such a long period of time and the Port didn't have the rules posted or any now law implements being passed out when I was off loading.
Last edited by Lee Priest on Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Victory belongs to the most perservering and the best skilled.”
Lee Priest
Gladiator
Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Faerykin »

*throughout the entire conversation, semi-random giggling can be heard in the direction of Twilight (particularily after Spiff's comment and Kimberlyn's increasing frustration) ... but not once does she look up from her tome*
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Balthazar Ordieth
House Mandalor
House Mandalor
Location: somewhere where at least 3 of the 4W's are attainable

Post by Balthazar Ordieth »

I guess that I am glad that I never plan on messing with any of that oogly boogly magic stuff since I could be cut down for a misunderstanding by one of those.... * Points at the door where Kimberlyn just left*. Whether they did it in error is really moot since the person would already be red snapper feed. I wonder if the short temper and condescending attitude are design flaws that all of them share or if it is just our local slayer that suffers from them.

Btw Mr. Priest I believe it is, one law that you should be made aware of, Noone may put to death a taxpayer, I am still trying to get clarification on this but at the time I have taken it to mean that anyone that is on the books in any duchy within Silverthorne for the previous month as a taxpayer has the protections of a freeman.

*Looks to Kathryn*

Perhaps we both should consult our superiors on this matter as it could have wide ranging effects on how both or our jobs is implemented. I would hate to see you or any member of DeVris pronounce sentence on someone and be put on trial themselves.
Balthazar Ordieth
Sailor Extroidinairre
Faerykin

Post by Faerykin »

*without looking up from her tome*

Actually, Mage Slayers in general have a pretty aloof attitude - or show no emotions at all - seeing as what they are. They typically just focus on their duties and care not for idle socialization. Perhaps Kimberlyn's wiring is just a bit off ... you know, in need of a retuning.

*she shrugs as she turns a page*
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Rowen Kane
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Rowen Kane »

ok thankyou for the enlightened conversation about scroll casting , but i saw that people were getting frustrated and thats well just not right, we need to unite not intaginize each other *glances at twlight and spiff*. and to answer twlights question from eariler yes my mentor is also teaching me self control.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
FLINT
Soberiety Expert
Soberiety Expert

Post by FLINT »

So If I, hypotheticly speeking, casting off a scroll and a wretchhunter attacks me on the impertanent AssUMPTION that I'm a magi, even tough I clearly have a scroll in front of me, am I free to lop their head off in difence of my life?!

*The sword shouts*: FINALLY!
* The sword nearly jumps half way out of the sheath befor Flint can catch it and re-secure it *

Flint
Last edited by FLINT on Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Priest
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lee Priest »

While drinking ale and eating some of the finest of midways’ stews Lee pauses for but a moment.
“I am not sure what this entire conversation is about. But if I may interject… Isn’t the simple answer to this problem the ability of Sensing Magic?
Correct me if I am wrong but don't Magic users have this thing called an aura around them that show’s they can cast the magic arts? Now as far as I know Scroll Casters are just mundane persons that have studied the Writings long enough to talk the words into magic arts. This would mean the actual person shouldn’t have this aura. So the Mage Slayers of Silverthorn should easily be able to tell if the magic being caste was from a MAGE or a Mundane magic reader.
But then again I am NOT a magic reader nor a magic caster so I don’t have the full details. This is just what I have heard and understood from past experiences.”
Lee Priest
Gladiator
Rowen Kane

Post by Rowen Kane »

flint if i were you i wouldn't lop off any wretchhunter heads until you have the kings word on that topic. just a frendly sugestion.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

*Daerm comes back in still whistling that non-melodic song*

Hmmm...

*he shrugs and sits down with his books again*
Daerm Doublenix
Student of the late Tee Toecrusher
"I ain't a damn gnome!!!" *shakes fist in frustration*
Divin Stormshadow

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

so another odd point, what if I decide to grant someone like say flint here to throw a few fireballs and he decides to use them? now i would think any hunter who would mistake a person reading a scroll for a mage would then definaly asume that the person throwing the fireballs was a magi. So under that line of thinking, do i need to report anyone i give the abilty to cast magic to so a hunter doesn't try to kill them? Now al in all i don't see a problem with knowing who all can all read scrolls but if it's required that's just silly.

*sighs*

I hate laws, they're all so silly, people should just be nice to one another and be done with it.
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum
Lee Priest
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lee Priest »

I also understand what Flint is stating about self defense. What is to say a Mage hunter was to go astray? We all know that some of the vile on the other side of the quary were making darker versions of the Silverthorn Mage hunter. But what if it was our own to turn against us? Who keeps mage hunters in check? Who do they have to 'fear' if they do wrong?
Lee Priest
Gladiator
Daerm

Post by Daerm »

*Daerm thinks for a second*

With all these questions being discussed, I think I will find some answers...

*Daerm closes his books and leaves*
Daerm Doublenix
Student of the late Tee Toecrusher
"I ain't a damn gnome!!!" *shakes fist in frustration*
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

I of course stand ready to give a fully accurate report on the intricacies of the laws and facts involved in this case here to any who ask.

For the right price...

They really are quite simple once you understand the basis behind them.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum
Lee Priest
The Inn's Taste Tester
The Inn's Taste Tester

Post by Lee Priest »

"Hmmmm. Pay a price to know the law or pay a price for breaking it."
Lee Priest
Gladiator
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

*Nyrhtak snarls*

Flint, best keep that sword in check or it'll have to see what happens when I find -it- out of line.

*He sighs*

All I want is an explaination and clarification of the law. I can see myself hunting many Necromancers in the coming months and I've never run into one that has said "Stop! I won't fight you. I will come with you though." I mean...what're ya supposed to do when that happens?
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm