To all who care........
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

Perfect Chaos is absolute destruction.
Perfect Order is absolute nothingness.

So, while perfect Chaos would likely lead to perfect Order, I perfer that neither is ever obtained.
Spiff Fizzhlebohp
Greenie
Greenie

Post by Spiff Fizzhlebohp »

Ebek the Sage...turning over a new leaf ebek. Don't tell me your days as a blood thristy warrior are over.
Spiff Fizzhlebohp
Do you wish to know the secrets of your most hated foe....I know them all and so can you.
Divin Stormshadow
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Divin Stormshadow »

the main problem with your theroy nyrhtak is that you are asuming that any of the followers of chaos are %100 chaos or that even any of the followers of order are %100 order. They do strive to become perfection but no one ever gets to perfection. perfections that unreachable goal that everyone moves twards but never reaches. So saying that chaos follows rules once in a while just to be chaotic is wrong, they follow rules sometimes cause even they have some order to them. just as order has some chaos in them. You couldn't live on this plane and just be one or the other.

oh and ebek, perfect chaos is not complete destruction, it's comlpete freedom from everything, it's the ever moving perfection of change. The act of destruction it's self is chaotic but the end is a stagnent order so therefore it couldn't be perfect chaos only a means to achive order.
Divin Stormshadow
Work force management of Chaos
General nusance of the Mages Guild
Magi of the great Clan Skum

Post by Guest »

Ah, but perfect freedom can be achieved only through absolute destruction. Otherwise, there is still form, still rules, still confinement.

... Or so a little bird once told me.

Really quite amusing. For Order to win, it must allow Chaos to achieve absolute victory. And if Chaos ever achieves absolute victory, Order wins... though everyone loses.

*Turns to Spiff*

A warrior I might be, someday. But never bloodthirsty. I enjoy keeping my own far too much to actively seek after that of others.
Darthesis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Darthesis »

But Ebek... what if you were facing say... a gold golem.
Darthesis Tal'Sadaar
Fidelis Pro Aurum

Post by Guest »

*Eyes grow impossibly huge*

Gahhhh..... Now THAT's worth losing a few pints!

Goldthirsty, yes.
Bloodthirsty, no.
Divin Stormshadow

Someday Ebek i'll show you the freedom of the plane of perfect chaos and that it is not destruction for you can be formless and free but not destroyed. And you are right about this battle, for order to win they must lose and vice versa and that is exactly why this war is pointless for both side. They will kill each other and never get even a single step closer to victory, only closer to balance.
Divin Stormshadow
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru
The Thane's Drinking Buddy
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

What he means is you first have to destroy to bring about your so-called "chaos utopia".
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Divin Stormshadow

there will never be a chaos utopia on this plane, the utopia i spoke of is the plane of chaos.... you don't need to destroy to bring about change, you only need to convince others to do things differently. If i thought I could bring about a chaos utopia by destroying everything don't you think I would have done that already? I only wish to help people advance along there chosen path to create a world that is ever growing and changing. If I wanted a world of pure chaos i'd leave for the plane of chaos and never return again. Now as much as i'd love to site here and debate the places of order and chaos in this world I have alot of work to do insure my home stays safe, so if you'll all excuse me.

*and at that he disapears back into the shadows*
Divin Stormshadow