Telling of Windcrest by Chronixxx
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Chronixxx Thunderforge
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Telling of Windcrest by Chronixxx

Post by Chronixxx Thunderforge »

First I would like to state that what I say might be skewed and warped. So what I say is true to me it might not have happened this way.

Well for the last couple months Klogg and I have been going to Windcrest to find some answers about repairing his sword Sliver. In searching for answers we got to meet the King of Windcrest. The story he told us was that the sword Sliver was actually Temmerick Ellions and that the pheonix feather inside had lost his luster when Temmerick fell. So he told to fix the sword we would have to find the pheonix whose feather it belonged to. But the pheonix's hadn't been seen in ages and believed to be sleeping in the volcano. Now this Volcano was the place were Temmerick and the King entered and first awakened the birds of fire some 30,000 years ago? I'm bad with dates. But in asking him of what horrors lie within he simple stated that it was as if his nightmares came true.

So we headed out to the Volcano of the fire birds. The entry way had the most magnificant statues of birds made of fire I have every seen. But fearing time was against us we headed in.

The first part of the cave we incountered some undead. Nothing we couldn't handle. So we moved farther on into the cave. We came across some air elementals. With some magic help we cleared the area. The next area of the cave we could see had fire elementals in it. Well knowing I didn't have any magics against and Klogg did, he decided to take on the room himself. His armor got a little burnt but nothing more. Then came the hard part.

The path split into 3 ways each one showing a few of the world. One showed us the world of dispare, were everything was dark and dead. The second one showed us the world in which people struggled to survive, but with a passion and a will and a reason to live. The third path was a "perfect" world in which everything was happy and green and nothing every went wrong. We took the middle route.

The path then split into to paths. One showed us a group of people in black with black magic blades. The second one was of a group of people in white with live blades. We chose the second.

Then the images started to appear. First came Slogg, saying "Klogg you no be here. You no bird of fire. You no Windcrest. You Orc. You fight for yourself not others." Klogg just walked through him without a word, and he disapated. Then Orion showed up. "Chronixxx look what I can do. I can now Crest smith with the pheonix feathers. I can show how if you just leave." I slapped him like the bitch he is, and he disapated. Then the king of Windcrest appeared before us. "You've made it this far, that is good but you do not need to finish this quest. We have just slaughter our most hated foe and have lifted the curse." Klogg "We will finish what we started." And the king dissapated.

We then came across then end of the road. A huge cylindrical shaft leading down. So we went down. When we finally landed we looked around and saw hundreds of birds sleeping. But before we could do any actions "it" showed up.

This thing was a huge, made of fire but yet was black as pitch. We fought this creature for a while. Once and while if would get a swing to connect on either one of us and taking a quater of my armor with it. We kept fighting and my armor got down low enough I knew if I took another hit I was gone. So I stepped back alittle and tried to field repair. Then "it" concentrated on Klogg. Seeing my dearest friend in trouble I ran to help protect him. But he rushed on past me with his armor almost completely destoryed. I tried to follow but before I could reach him...the dark flame consumed him. I tried my hardest to reach him...but the flames where to intense. First his items melted...then his armor...then his flesh...

but out of his ashes rose the reason of our adventure. Sliver started to consume the dark flames as if it was a bottle of brew in a dwarves hands. Sliver devouring the darknes started to shed it's own light, and appeared to be reforging itself. I tried to grab for it, but the heat was so intense I couldn't even look at it anymore. I stayed for a while and the flames died down. But Sliver remained has hot as ever. And inside that sword the pheonix feather emerged. And with that the birds of fire awoke, and flew out of the volcano.

Seeing that my time was done here and that there was nothing I could do I left. The cave seemed to be helping me leave as if it was trying to thank me. Once I exited the cave I collapsed out of sure exahaustion.

I awoke on a bed the size of a house. I then say for the my first time a giant to giants. "Ah the dwarve has awoken. Welcome to the city of Storm Giants. We knew something had happened when the fire birds awoke so we came down to inspect the volcano. And we found you there. You've been asleep for a week." First thing I asked was about Klogg. "You were the only one we've seen leave that cave alive in 30,000 years. Come, there is someone you should see." With that I sat in his hand and was shown the slendors of the giant city. Then we approached what appeared to be a forge. But there was no smoke coming from the chimney. And then the ground shook and lightining struck out of chimney and the door of the forge. We entered and I was greated by the Storm Giant smith. He wished to congragulate me on my quest and offered to mentor me in the ways of armor smithing.

But working up there in the sky awakened something within me. And I soon found myself smithing as he did...with lighting. After 2 weeks with the smith the giants brought me back to Castle Windcrest.

Upon my arrival the whole castle was preparing for a grand feast. I was brought before the King once again. "Chronixxx, becuase of you and Kloggs bravery you have given my me and my people a new hope. But before we comence with the ceremony there is someone you should meet." There stood a man next to the king with armor the likes I've never seen. It surpassed any mithral suit in the Homeland. "We know who he is, but he does not seem to remeber. You will take him with you, with you he should hopefully begin to rember his past."

Then the knighting ceremony began. I can't remeber much about it, dwarve at a party with a king and the lands best ale. But I do rember the toast given to Klogg
"Hic est ille situs cui nemo civis neque hostis quibit pro factis reddere opis pretium."

"Neither friends nor foes could ever repay this fellow."
After I recovered the new Skumm boat crew, me, and the man I call cousin went to the homeland to tell them of what happened. I had just finish my conversation with my dad when the murmor of Gromm began. Everyone watch the battle. With the idiotic decesion of Nelke head of clan thunderforge I went to him telling him that either he changes sides or I'm going to take those who wish to follow the true king and try to awaken the lightningforge withing them. With that I was cast out of the clan and was made to shave my beard. Those who followed me shaved their beards and took them back to the Storm Giants.

Then I went straight to Midway to tell the tale. But everyone already knew.
Sir Chronixxx Lightningforge
Grandmaster Smith
Grandmaster Exotic Smith
Member of the Arms & Armor Guild
Knight of Windcrest
Member of Clan Draconis
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
Faerykin
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Faerykin »

*Twilight listens in silence as Chronixxx speaks. Once he is finished, she smiles reminiscently*

Thank you for relaying your tale, Sir Chronixxx. You do Klogg justice with your memory.

*she quickly finishes her wine and stands, taking a few steps toward the door before turning back to Chronixxx, a slight frown turning the corner of her lip*

... not everyone knew ...

*she then leaves out the back door*
Whisper

-or-

Epically-Retired
Summer Twilight
The Queen's Personal Diviner

Destined of Syl'Van'Dar
Arthur McBride
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Arthur McBride »

*Listens intently to Chronixxx speak*

I did not know either.... Thank you from the bottom of my heart Sir Chronixxx.

*Smiling a small thoughtful smile to himself Arthur exits the inn, his eyes filling with tears.*
Arthur McBride
Squire to the Brotherhood of Knights
Its not my fault I am bigger than you... I don't even work out.