Something being built in the field
Music, fun, and best of all, lots of Ale! One cannot ask for more than that, except for a warm bed, which they have as well.

Moderator: Moderators

Arthur McBride
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Something being built in the field

Post by Arthur McBride »

*Arthur walks to the middle of the field with a wheel barrow full of wood and tools. After reaching a spot directly in the center he stops and begins to dig a hole just big enough for a post. Mathotically working for quite some time he steps back and looks at what he has built. It is a set of stocks, all of the pieces premade but fairly strong looking. Nodding to himself he then pulls out a board nailed to a sign stake. Pounding that into the ground a few feet from the stocks he then attaches a sheet of parchment to it, again nodding to himself. Taking a few steps back to admire his assembly, he gathers his tools and pushes the wheel barrow back the way he came.*

*The note reads....*

Personal honor is one of the few things that is truely yours. No one but yourself can take your personal honor away, and when you do that to yourself you have to regain it through actions that might not make sense to anyone but yourself. I lost personal honor two moons ago when I handled a situation very poorly. Not only did it effect me, but it also effected Mohdri, Kharma, and especially Kimberlyn. To all three of them I appologize. Here in these stocks I will stand for two days, to contemplate my actions and words. After those two days have expired I will voluntarily put myself into a role of a servant of Kimberlyn's so that I can learn the difference between a command and a request. I know that most of you will not understand why I am subjecting myself to this, but in the end it is to show myself that I still have honor above all else.

Sincerly,
Arthur McBride
Squire to the Brotherhood of Knights
Its not my fault I am bigger than you... I don't even work out.
Dietrich Krankheight

Post by Dietrich Krankheight »

*watching Arthur depart*

Yep, he finally lost it
Rianna Lindsay
Member of the Mage's Guild
Member of the Mage's Guild

Post by Rianna Lindsay »

More like looking to gain something, for his soul

*Aroura goes back to her reading in the large tree in town.
Gone and Yet not gone
Kimberlyn Darksbane
The Thane's Drinking Buddy

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

*Kimbelryn goes over to Arthur and the two of them are seen talking together. She then takes off towads the Inn.*
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages
Arthur McBride
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Arthur McBride »

*When Kimberlyn returns after about 10 minutes she walks up to Arthur. He nodds at her and the both walk upto the stocks. Taking a large drink of water from a water skin he then places his wrists and neck into the stocks and smiles as Kimberlyn closes them. She hesitates placing the lock on looking at him. After locking it she walks off in the direction of Ports End. Inside the stocks Arthur gains a look of meditation as he begins his time there.*
Arthur McBride
Dietrich Krankheight

Post by Dietrich Krankheight »

You know, this toown really does have a penchant for melodramatics.
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

*Nyrhtak walks by the stocks and sees Arthur hanging there.*

WHOH, what the heck is going on!?

*He runs to the stocks, pulling his blade. He looks at Arthur's feet and reads the note.*

Ah...I see. Don't necessarily agree, but totally understandable. I commend thee. However this is far too dangerous a place for this.

*Nyrhtak buries the end of his sword into the ground in front of the stocks and stands with his back to Arthur*

I'm a little late, but I will face the rest of this trial with you, as your guardian.

*Nyrhtak pulls out a waterskin and sprays some water on Arthur to cool him down*

The sun is hot, and you could find yourself dead by the end of this short trial if you are not hydrated. I do not wish to see this.

*Nyrthak sprays the skin at Arthur's face. If he wants to drink he can open his mouth and Nyrhtak aims for that. If not, he gets some cool water on his brow. Nyrhtak then turns back to facing away from Arthur and stands guard*
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Arthur McBride
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Arthur McBride »

*Opening his mouth to take a quick drink he smiles at Nyrhtak*

Thank you my friend, it is much appresiated. And since you are here, let us talk about what will happen on next Saturday, if that is ok with you.

*Using a finger on his right hand to point to the ground infront of him*

Take a seat and relax, I am sure nothing will happen until we are finished.

*Waiting a second to see what Nyrhtak will do Arthur begins to talk to him in low a voice.*
Arthur McBride
Rowen Kane
Drinking Contest Contender
Drinking Contest Contender

Post by Rowen Kane »

*sitting high in a tree near the stocks*

Nyrhtak, you are a little late but, i had him covered from up here.
Rowen Kane
"some give it all"
Arthur McBride
Drinking Contest Winner
Drinking Contest Winner

Post by Arthur McBride »

*Pausing from his talk with Nyrhtak he looks up at the tree.*

As always, thank you Kain, it is much appresiated.

*He then returns to his conversation with Nyrthak*
Arthur McBride
Nyrhtak Of Mahuru

Post by Nyrhtak Of Mahuru »

Yes, we should talk about next Saturday I suppose. You will be leading the other strike force, yes? I will be leading Rukuss in to take on the first section of the citadel.
Nyrhtak of Mahuru
Champion of Order
Member of the Mal Ka'Tai
One of the Magnificent Ten

Former Head of V.L.O.
Former Head of R.U.K.U.S.S.
Former Member of Clan Skumm
Kimberlyn Darksbane

Post by Kimberlyn Darksbane »

After two days Kimberlyn arrives back into town. She immediately heads to the stockade where Arthur has been standing to unlock the device to release him. She smiles for a moment when she sees the two guardians Arthur aquired in Nyhtrak and Rowan Kane. After assisting him ease back into a normal standing position, she then stands there and waits for him to grab a few things inside the Inn.

*She turns to Rowan and Nyhtrak*

Thanks you two for keeping a watchful eye over Arthur while he was doing this.

*She grins*

Don't worry, I will not be to rough on him. However, he wants to do this and well I am not going to argue with his decision.

When he returns he has his sword and is dressed in a gray robe.

As he returns, Kimberlyn reaches into her pack and pulls out a small package, which she immediately hands to him along with a waterskin filled with water. She looks at him with some concern as she observes him.

Here, first thing you can do for me Arthur…er….I have no idea what I am suppose to call you right now, but you are of no use to me if you do not eat something to regain some of you strength from baking out in the hot sun. There is some bread, meat, and an apple. Now I expect all that to be eaten, ok?

Takes off her pack and hands it over to Arthur

I guess you can start “assisting” me by carrying this pack. Once you are feeling up to it we are going to be heading into the woods to my next destination for I want to arrive there as soon as possible.

Kimberlyn and Arthur leave Midway in the direction of Terragon Keep
Kimberlyn Thurs-kona
Former Myranes Mage Hunter
Bear Tribe
Mate of Thurs Ljothamar, Champion of the Bear Tribe
Battle-Howler-Killer of Mages